The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'm not saying Green isn't at fault, but honest question? Do you seriously not think the players need to share some blame for this effort too? 

Whether we like it or not, the team takes their cues from the coaches.  If the coaches can't do the job, neither will the players, simple as that.  Yes, the players with pride will try hard no matter what, but on a team, it only takes a few passengers to bring everyone down.  If there is no plan, then the players will play according to what they think is appropriate, which leads to odd-man rushes, brain farts, and the like.  You can't give up 6 goals in a period, and say all is well.    

Edited by Hockey God
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I was going to say anyone but that would have been a cop out,  Maybe bring in Babcock short term and see how the team responds. 

Yeah not interested in that stuck in his ways guy harassing Hughes and forcing him to make lists about how lazy his teammates are. Babcock is a legendary coach, but unless he changes his style I wouldn't want him anywhere near this team. It's a different generation. Players don't respond to his style like they used to. Call us a softer generation, whatever. It's just the way it is.

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

This is all nitpicking. The canucks totally collapsed and imploded. Lost an embarrassing game when they were 3 up. Video review is just a distraction...they choked big time.

agree! shouldnt even challenge, Malkin had possession of the puck, so he can skate backward into the zone, our coaches didnt know that?

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Solution is to just let it ride out and enjoy the ups and downs of this team.  Elias and Boeser alone will push this team up into a playoff team if they dedicate themselves to defensive improvements.  I hate to keep bringing up Brock but he was on the ice for 4 of their goals today. Do you bench him next time in the 3rd?  I wouldn't like to see that because we're not a team that's trying to win at all cost this season.  

I'm with you in thinking that Green is not the man for the job when we become a contender, but we're much further away from that then we all thought.  

Anyways, you share an opinion with a lot of other fans and it's not wrong, but I just don't believe that it's productive for us to be changing coaches halfway through this season. 

I look at this team on paper and it just doesn't look this bad to me. Yes, two of our better defensive players are out of the lineup, but our defense is entirely intact. It may not be a cup winning team, but the effort level needs to be there, and if it's not, one has to look for the common denominator, which in this case, is the coaching staff.

If the team has lost faith in the coach, or the coach isn't pushing the players to do what's necessary to win these types of games, then imho it become pretty important to get that element away from the team, especially with our core still being young and impressionable. They have to know that this just isn't good enough, and leaving things status quo won't hammer that point home. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

You’ve defended him and the Canucks lacklustre play these last two weeks. Let people criticize this team. It’s frustrating to watch get over it 

I mentioned Nux' lackluster effort in game against Philly because it was the truth. Not sure what u mean last two weeks, tho.

This isn't North Korea. People can write their opinions freely while abiding by forum etiquettes

As long as the writer can rationalize their opinion, he/ she should be good to go.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

I have a bad feeling Gaud will be the odd man out. 

2 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

With the way Leivo gets deployed it wouldnt surprise me.

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Only if they don't ditch green.

1 minute ago, Johnny Torts said:

He will be if TG is still coach.

He’ll be waiver eligible by then so I highly doubt it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Dude what?

That's reaching man. Like I do criticizes Green but you're trying to make weird ways too. You could literately say that about every coach in the NHL.

If we start losing after regaining our bottom 6 then i'll hop on the fire Green train gladly.

Until then I am gonna hope that these guys aren't out too much longer because things are ugly.

Good teams win, they don't make excuses. Especially when our top guns are in, the D is healthy, and we have to great goaltenders. 

Tough call man. I'd rather see a shakeup.

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'm not saying Green isn't at fault, but honest question? Do you seriously not think the players need to share some blame for this effort too? 

I think everyone is blaming the players as well. We just have a horrible system. And it’s the coaches job to coach that system. The players just collapse in high pressure situations and Green refuses to call a time out to try and settle the guys down. Both parties are to blame, but Green has yet to light a fire under their asses. He doesn’t adjust and just juggles lines night in and night out. I will say Horvat and Edler have been god awful and they are the ones that’s need to step up. As far as Green goes, that challenge was the icing on the cake for me. Him and company are not the coaches to win us a Stanley cup. 

2 minutes ago, Hockey God said:

Whether we like it or not, the team takes their cues from the coaches.  If the coaches can't do the job, neither will the players, simple as that.  Yes, the players with pride will try hard no matter what, but on a team, it only takes a few passengers to bring everyone down.  If there is no plan, then the players will play according to what they think is appropriate, which leads to odd-man rushes, brain farts, and the like.  You can't give up 6 goals in a period, and say all is well.    

Did I say all was well? 

1 minute ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

I mentioned Nux' lackluster effort in game against Philly because it was the truth. Not sure what u mean last two weeks, tho.

This isn't North Korea. People can write their opinions freely while abiding by forum etiquettes

As long as the writer can rationalize their opinion, he/ she should be good to go.

I wasn’t talking to you 

1 minute ago, NeilColville said:

I think everyone is blaming the players as well. We just have a horrible system. And it’s the coaches job to coach that system. The players just collapse in high pressure situations and Green refuses to call a time out to try and settle the guys down. Both parties are to blame, but Green has yet to light a fire under their asses. He doesn’t adjust and just juggles lines night in and night out. I will say Horvat and Edler have been god awful and they are the ones that’s need to step up. As far as Green goes, that challenge was the icing on the cake for me. Him and company are not the coaches to win us a Stanley cup. 

Why is that challenge the icing on the cake? That WAS offside :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I love all the people blaming injuries for the way this team is playing. Losing isn't the problem the effort level is. And even then every team deals with injuries. Colorado was/is absolutely ravaged by injuries, to star players no less. We are missing three 4th liners and a defensive 3rd liner and somehow we want to use this woe is me excuse for playing like we don't care.

three 4th liners? Sutter is not a 4th liner Ferland is not a 4th liner and Rousell is a 3rd liner but all make the team better along with Beagle and Motte