The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Pretty much what I expected from a young team when most of the vets are out. 

At least Petty and Hughes had a feast in terms of points.

And oh yeah, FIRE GREEN! Been on that bandwagon for a long time. Only assistants that gets to stay are Ian and Manny. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Upvote 4

Without guys like Sutter, Beagle, Motte, Roussel and Ferland we are easy to play against and are gonna have trouble closing out games. 

Our team went to $&!# when these guys got hurt. 

we are great offensive but have zero defender/checkers in our bottom 6 and teams are taking advantage. 

injury bug &^@#s us over again. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Not trying to be dramatic here, but we could be witnessing the last days of Travis Green. With Toronto going 3-0-0 after the firing of Babcock, and St Louis winning the cup last year after they fired their coach, there is some real logic in considering firing Green. You simply cannot allow a collapse like this (6 goals in the 3rd??? Are you kidding me?) and this is not the first time this has happened this year. I am kind of at a loss for words.

No, Toronto and St Louis both had teams that were expected to do well, full of veterans. 
We are a young team that most people didn't pick to make the playoffs this year, or at best be on the bubble.  

I'm resigned to a mediocre team this year that will try and squeek into the playoffs.  Yeah it sucks to lose like this but give this team credit for battling back after they were down 0-2.  

We have Gaudette, Zach and Hughes emerging this year.  I'd rather focus more on player development then try and get all the Xs and Os down to try and win at any cost.  So for that reason I'd rather let this team play out the year with the same structure and expectations.  If we change coaches, let it happen in the summer. 

What a sh*t storm. It took them almost 14 minutes to get their first shot, the Pens were already leading 1-0. Disgusting. Then to have a 6-3 lead in the 3rd, and lose by 2. WTF? Demko was brutal in the 3rd. Best part of the game for me was watching Jake crosscheck McCann in the face.    

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Horrendous coaching but it was offside.

https://ibb.co/PtNDt1K

That's the only decision by Green he made all night that was good. 

For those of you who can't figure it out, Malkin is onside, it's the guy in the middle away from Malkin. His back skate is an inch above the ice. 

Exactly, once I saw this I was like what? How is this not an easy offside call. You can go back a frame too when his leg is first lifted and the puck is still halfway over the blue line.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Without guys like Sutter, Beagle, Motte, Roussel and Ferland we are easy to play against and are gonna have trouble closing out games. 

Our team went to $&!# when these guys got hurt. 

we are great offensive but have zero defender/checkers in our bottom 6 and teams are taking advantage. 

injury bug &^@#s us over again. 

So true. This team, however, did show they can skate against the Pens.  That was a great game and the young guys will be better for it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Tystick said:

I think Green had a case with the challenge but it was a close one.

Would we have had better odds without challenging it? Who knows.

I'm not blaming him on that decision, but obviously it doesn't look good when the call on the ice stands.

it was a stupid stupid decision. he should've known the rules! an inconclusive challenge will always favour the ruling on the ice. 

• Upvote 1

This is going to look bad for JB, If TG doesn’t go soon. TG was bought in to develop and rebuild this club. It’s time to move onto somebody who knows how to coach their stars. Coach these kids to their strengths. 

Absolutely disgusting to see a talent like Hughes and Pettersson and Boeser being wasted. Points yeah I get it but these boys deserve the Dub.

Stop standing there looking like you want to cry and talk to your players, do your job. Send him back to Utica or another American team if he doesn’t like Vancouver.

We need heart and soul people and that goes for coaches too. 

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Go Bills? :unsure:

They may be 8-3 but they're gonna get pantsed during the most watched NFL regular season game of the year tomorrow.  Short week, Dallas has a good D, and the Bills haven't been playing the run anywhere near as good as they do the pass.