The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler and Green

Rate this topic

andydy214

Sorry guys, first time ever posting on the Message board, Canucks fan for 25+ years, never been so mad after a game. I just couldnt handle the lack of coaching by Green anymore.

with our team up 6-3 in the 3rd period, he fails to adjust on multiple occasions. Hasnt he realized by now, that Edler is Slow? and getting old, and stops skating and constantly looks tired out there. Green still has faith in him and plays him top minute D time. Please Green, play the right guys! I can tell Edler is struggling, play him less. Boeser is struggling, play him less. You can test out what ever you want in the first or second periods, but in the 3rd period on the road, up 6-3, you end up letting up 6 more goals? (one empty net) Clearly, those goals were not Demko's fault. You challenge the 7th goal, with 3 minutes left in the 3rd? Clearly the goal was not offside, Malkin had possession of the puck. To me, this is not a gamble, not even 10 % chance of winning. You dont take that risk, at ANY point of the game, especially with 3 minutes left. 

One more suggestion Green, practice 6 on 5s. Our team has been HORRIBLE when we have empty net. We dont even generate any chance, or get puck possessions, zone entries. You need to practice that. So players know what to do when does situation come. They all look very uncomfortable in those situations. That is on YOU.

So far you have been Incompetent.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Which other left side D do you want to play against top lines?  Benn has struggled a lot at times, and Hughes clearly isn't ready.  But yeah, blame it on the guy who's been eating those tough minutes for years and took a discount to stay here despite unappreciative fans.

it is called a panic trade. PANIC TRADE

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Which other left side D do you want to play against top lines?  Benn has struggled a lot at times, and Hughes clearly isn't ready.  But yeah, blame it on the guy who's been eating those tough minutes for years and took a discount to stay here despite unappreciative fans.

you brought up a good question, but in this case, i would play Hughes more. I am not saying, dont play Edler at all, but you need to cut down on his minutes, he clearly looked gassed out there ALL the time, always gliding and taking penalties. If his minutes are less, we wouldnt struggle that much, wouldnt you agree?

I disagree strongly on your second point, I appreciate Edler as what he has done for the team, but what you have done in the past season should guarantee you minutes? And whenever you mention a discount, i really dont care about that. I am sure Edler does not think about that when he plays. So if he thinks he is under paid, he should let up? These are 2 separate issue here. I am calling Green out, when I could see Edler is struggling, he as the Headcoach, should see it, and play him a bit less. 

• Upvote 1