The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

what do you really want,

Rate this topic

smithers joe

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I love old, worn out stuff....my "DP step" (for aerobics) was bought when I was training to be an instructor many moons ago.  Hung on to that baby until it literally wore out (mostly because I used it on my deck and it got rained on).  It squeaked and rattled but felt like home.  Got a new one and damn near fell off it (it's a good time to say they don't make 'em like they used to).

The same with my water ski....a Jobe honeycomb that was super snaky but I couldn't ski on anything but.

Hmmm, maybe I'd want some new workout equipment.  If I had to ask Santa for something.  

if you love old worn out stuff, you’ld probably like me.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My books are the only thing from my youth that's left.

The 4 Raymond Chandler Phillip Marlowe stories, and The Fencing Master from the 1990's. Still my favourites. 

the book i loved reading as a kid, was stories by hans christian anderson. love the movie too. 

4 minutes ago, the grinder said:

the only thing I wish for  that I kept all my toys from the 70.s in the packages I would of been a millionaire by now , gi joe evel  kneviel a team dukes of hazard star wars figures hot wheels  comic book hockey cards etc 

tell me about it, i lost all my hockey and baseball cards from the 40’s and 50’s. kick myself over it. 

• Thanks 1

It's funny, but I am not rich, and I could use a new car, or a nicer house, or a boat....but I don't dream of them

They are not my greatest wish...………..

But honestly, I have not had my kids home for Christmas since I had my heart attack, 10 years ago

I would trade everything I have to have them home for Christmas all together with me

Like I had all my life growing up...……..that's all I would want

Sadly, it will probably never happen

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
7 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

It's funny, but I am not rich, and I could use a new car, or a nicer house, or a boat....but I don't dream of them

They are not my greatest wish...………..

But honestly, I have not had my kids home for Christmas since I had my heart attack, 10 years ago

I would trade everything I have to have them home for Christmas all together with me

Like I had all my life growing up...……..that's all I would want

Sadly, it will probably never happen

i agree, family is everything. i’m lucky, my son and grandson both live in smithers. i pray, that it happens for you. that is an ernest wish. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On a funnier note...…...

I bought my Gramma a scarf for about 8 years in a row....she had everything and little room to store things...…...

I often think now I could have used more imagination ...lol (I was in my "me" years)

Also, now, I buy a book every year for my brother, just to see him squirm (16 years running)...…..he doesn't have much money, so I tell him not to buy for me

He doesn't! LOL

• Like 1