The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

what do you really want,

Rate this topic

smithers joe

When I was little, maybe the most joyful gift was a slot car set.  It seemed we raced for hours that night, and despite all the company that was there, it was hard for those of us (me, dad, uncle, a couple others) to pull ourselves away, we were laughing and having so much fun.  Got a lot of years use of that.  A year or two before, it was a tabletop hockey game... similar results!

Now, just want enough to retire from my job, so I can do a few things I want to work on, and not have to worry whether the family will be supported.  It's close, so not needing a lotto win. I don't like my job anymore, but I can't imagine trying something new without impacting our lifestyle, so I plod along.  It's funny, when I retire, I will be working harder (more outside, more physical) than I do today, but it will be things I enjoy.  Can't wait!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2
50 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Because it's a discussion board and that's what we do here?

So please don't spam with one word that offers little in that.  That's two "why's" in a row.  So I have to ask...why?

Different rules for Smithers Joe than for me?

Why?

6 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

it is called sharing and getting to know each other. we like to call it, making friends and sharing thought and ideas. we are all part of the canuck family here. we can be cold and aloof or friendly and family.

So Joe, kinda like when i posted asking who the cdc  "FIRE THE COACH" gang can come up with for a coaching suggestion.

Your reply was "why"

Go Canucks go 

22 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Why?

16 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

So Joe, kinda like when i posted asking who the cdc  "FIRE THE COACH" gang can come up with for a coaching suggestion.

Your reply was "why"

Joe is a highly regarded poster who is universally nice to everyone. His age and experience command both respect and affection. You, not so much.

• Thanks 3
18 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Why?

how so? why do you feel your different from me? as far as i know, we are all here because of our love for the canucks. i just try to bring a little humanity to our family. knowing and respecting other posters is what makes us different than the hf board. you can dislike me if you want, but i shan’t dislike you. cheers lad.

tenor.gif

But seriously, if society could just get its crap together. The people in power and with all the money doing things to really better the world (both the environment and the people in it) instead of being completely greedy and just grabbing power so the other people can't have it. That'd go a long way.

25 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Your reply was "why"

Go Canucks go 

personally i was unaware that people wanted a new coach. in my years watching the canucks, poster have cried for change after ever difficult period and wanted a coaching change. i don’t know if green is at fault for the team’s slide, but it is way to early to call for his head. this whole exercise has played itself out over and over, over the years.  i wanted to know why fans wanted a new coach? i still do.

Being able to see my grand kids,which Santa has been kind enough to give this Christmas.(pretty expensive gift).

So I'm off to the land down under this Christmas Season and I will hug and kiss every one of my grand kids and spoil them and open prezzies and GO TO THE BEACH,

Hooray!   THANKS SANTA.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

Being able to see my grand kids,which Santa has been kind enough to give this Christmas.(pretty expensive gift).

So I'm off to the land down under this Christmas Season and I will hug and kiss every one of my grand kids and spoil them and open prezzies and GO TO THE BEACH,

Hooray!   THANKS SANTA.

You Rock! Daddy Rock!...……...Cordless toys! What a wonderful gift!

• Cheers 1