The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Nov. 30, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I agree, for this team Petey over Makar 10 times outta 10. We already have a Makar in Hughes. 

This is in hindsight though as we wouldn't have known that Hughes would've landed to us a year later. So things worked out in our favour and it's no wonder JB and crew were as excited as they were on the draft floor as it all played out through the years.

Hard to say in 2017 if we would've taken EP 10 times out of 10 should both (or even Heiskanen as well) be available. Whatever the case, I'm glad it worked out the way it has so far.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

This is in hindsight though as we wouldn't have known that Hughes would've landed to us a year later. So things worked out in our favour and it's no wonder JB and crew were as excited as they were on the draft floor as it all played out through the years.

Hard to say in 2017 if we would've taken EP 10 times out of 10 should both (or even Heiskanen as well) be available. Whatever the case, I'm glad it worked out the way it has so far.

Heh, yeah, I don't think Vancouver, Colorado or Dallas are complaining about what they got from that draft.  I doubt New Jersey is overly disappointed either. 

Funny though, everyone kinda thought that draft was going to be a bit of a dud but Pettersson and Makar in particular are really proving people wrong.

Late to the party.

This was a great game by the team... and the reason was, they continued to attack by carrying the puck into the zone instead of shooting it in.

4 of their 5 goals were scored on the rush, entering the zone in possession, including the PPG by Graovac.

Not sure if Green has changed his coaching instructions, or the players are just doing their own thing, but the dump and chase game has disappeared and the team is playing more of a possession game.

Nice to see Tanner Pearson get rewarded... he has been plugging away, working hard, but hasn't been rewarded much... last night the puck was bouncing right and he took full advantage. 

Great game by Bo, his line totally outplayed McDavid and crew and showed they can shut down the best in the league.

Markstrom was the key to the game... he is back to his strong form... making a case for a solid contract and a place as the #1.  Benning has a great dilemma... which of these two excellent netminders he will go with.  There is no downside... even if the Canucks have to trade one, they'll get a good return and still keep a premium guy in the nets.

Edmonchuck showed their weakness... they have a tremendous first line, but not much else.  Their D is playing much better under Tippet.  Funny how Sam Gagner and Marcus Granlund are keys to their chances for success.  Edmonton needs their 2nd/3rd/4th liners to play well otherwise the McDavid/Draisaitl show means nothing.  As it was, our 2nd/3rd/4th lines are clearly better than Edmontons and when we get our injuries back, they'll be MUCH better.

As I said before, Edmonton can't sustain their winning... not unless the rest of the team starts to contribute.

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Heh, yeah, I don't think Vancouver, Colorado or Dallas are complaining about what they got from that draft.  I doubt New Jersey is overly disappointed either. 

Funny though, everyone kinda thought that draft was going to be a bit of a dud but Pettersson and Makar in particular are really proving people wrong.

It boils down to who the 1st overall pick will be. Hischier and Patrick didn't really have the punch of a McDavid year or this coming Lafreniere year. If the top pick looks like a franchise (or dare I say generational) type of player, then the assumption is the quality follows suit afterwards. Most years do have impactful players if developed properly (not forcing a player that isn't ready into the lineup and sheltering them with the right mix of vets, or in other words, don't do anything Edmonton did) and you will end up with quality players no matter where and when they are drafted.

57 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Now is the perfect time to trade Loui while is value is high...  ^_^

Loui is ranked 545th out of 771 in the league 

image.png.2b07ad685ae97084ad41453fc8805c22.png

:bigblush:

Edited by Guest