therodigy

16 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

To add to an earlier post secondary players on pace for;

Jake V       21g-15a

Adam G     18g-15a

Tanner P.    21g- 30a

Loui Erickson 3goals 

I kid good game last night #21

Hopefully Virt starts getting decent ice time on a regular basis. I really want to see him break 40 points this year and turn the corner. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

cant see us winning in regulation tonight. 

oilers 4-2

While I'm eternally optimistic, realistically I don't see it happening either. Last night's loss was the first time all season EDM has lost two in a row. It's doubtful they're going to drop three. Tippet will watch the tape and make adjustments whilst TG will employ the exact same strategy because, hey, it worked last game.

The Oilers did do a great job shutting down the Lotto Line and chances are good that we won't get 5 goals again from our secondary scoring. Im predicting a 4-1 loss with McD and Dri having a multiple point night.  I hope I'm wrong obviously!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Hopefully Virt starts getting decent ice time on a regular basis. I really want to see him break 40 points this year and turn the corner. 

Virtanen's playing really good right now. I've been critical of Green's use of Virtanen, especially playing him on the 4th line but that was a good call putting Ericksson on Horvats line to shut down McDavids line. Ericksson showed he wants to be better and was last night. Can't break that line up, let's see if they can keep it up.

35 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

While I'm eternally optimistic, realistically I don't see it happening either. Last night's loss was the first time all season EDM has lost two in a row. It's doubtful they're going to drop three. Tippet will watch the tape and make adjustments whilst TG will employ the exact same strategy because, hey, it worked last game.

The Oilers did do a great job shutting down the Lotto Line and chances are good that we won't get 5 goals again from our secondary scoring. Im predicting a 4-1 loss with McD and Dri having a multiple point night.  I hope I'm wrong obviously!

Such a negative prediction is not consistent with eternal optimism, unless you are a closet Oil fan. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Hoping for another solid start and a quick one to get on the lead early. 

Altho the Lotto line wasn't much on the scoresheet, I thought they were really good last night. 

Good compete and some very good plays that lead to quality shots. 

And it's a good game for Demko to make a solid statement. 

I would play Markstrom

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

It'd be nice to activate some of our injured guys and get fresh legs out there. I know Roussel was brought back from Utica, though nothing official yet. Sutter/Beagle/Ferland all taking practice. Could get a few fresh guys if they're ready. 

Is there any reason Roussel wouldn't play today? Or do they usually try to get more practices in with the team after a conditioning stint? 

Just now, bree2 said:

I would play Markstrom

Why? Marky has never been great if he is fatigued even a bit. 

Vancouver is not an easy win anymore - teams have taken notice,  balanced scoring is very difficult to control and defend against.  Advantage Green with last change...sure Tippet will have made some adjustments...but same with us.   Will be interesting to see if TG can free up our top line a bit...and who will be tonight's hero(s).   Back to back wins would sure be nice right about now, especially against "a team like that". .... five is our magic number ... and it comes out often enough.   What is it 11 goals last two games?  Lets make it 18 in three and bump it up to six. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Would make my day, I think he plays a lot more determined with more ice time and more offensive role. He plays a very safe boring style almost when playing on the fourth not much jump like he had last night on the Leivo goal