The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sean Avery says former Kings coach Marc Crawford kicked him during a game

Rate this topic

smokes

3 hours ago, 112 said:

he shouldn't kick his colleagues tbh

subordinates*

Abusive individuals predominately target those who they have complete authority over. It usually makes their victims easy to dismiss like most are doing in this thread. Bill Peters said the n-word repeatedly in front of a fringe NHL prospect of colour, then had him kicked off the team and demoted to the ECHL for his conduct. He then kicked another fringe NHLer in Michal Jordan and supposedly another unknown player. Mike Babcock targeted a rookie player who he had complete authority over so that he could send a message to some of the veterans on his team. 

"He's just looking for attention."

"He just wants a pay day."

"He needs to stop being so soft"

"Its been X number of years so he needs to let it go"

Easier to focus on the credibility, credentials and motivations of the accuser than confront the problematic behaviour of the abuser.  

It makes me think of the incident where Avery filmed himself harassing a homeless person, and seemed oblivious that his actions were going to be perceived as reprehensible. When you have been (literally) kicked when you are down, why wouldn't you feel that it is perfectly alright to (figuratively) kick someone down on their luck? To be clear I am not asserting that one incident let to another but IMO it does provide some understanding towards the mindset of a Sean Avery. 

Edited by Toews
  • Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Toews said:

subordinates*

Abusive individuals predominately target those who they have complete authority over. It usually makes their victims easy to dismiss like most are doing in this thread. Bill Peters said the n-word repeatedly in front of a fringe NHL prospect of colour, then had him kicked off the team and demoted to the ECHL for his conduct. He then kicked another fringe NHLer in Michal Jordan and supposedly another unknown player. Mike Babcock targeted a rookie player who he had complete authority over so that he could send a message to some of the veterans on his team. 

"He's just looking for attention."

"He just wants a pay day."

"He needs to stop being so soft"

"Its been X number of years so he needs to let it go"

Easier to focus on the credibility, credentials and motivations of the accuser than confront the problematic behaviour of the abuser.  

It makes me think of the incident where Avery filmed himself harassing a homeless person, and seemed oblivious that his actions were going to be perceived as reprehensible. When you have been (literally) kicked when you are down, why wouldn't you feel that it is perfectly alright to (figuratively) kick someone down on their luck? To be clear I am not asserting that one incident let to another but IMO it does provide some understanding towards the mindset of a Sean Avery. 

Sean Avery, a millionaire hockey player kicked harassed a homeless player.......

6 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Sean Avery, a millionaire hockey player kicked harassed a homeless player.......

I am confused. Avery did harass a homeless person but it wasn't Joe Murphy. :P

According to Twitter, he also puts out videos of himself yelling at people in bike lanes and pedestrians on the street. The dude clearly has some serious issues, he needs psychiatric help rather than a kick up the rear, which imo is never a viable solution no matter how tempting it maybe...

Edited by Toews
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Toews said:

I am confused. Avery did harass a homeless person but it wasn't Joe Murphy. :P

According to Twitter, he also puts out videos of himself yelling at people in bike lanes and pedestrians on the street. The dude clearly has some serious issues, he needs psychiatric help rather than a kick up the rear, which imo is never a viable solution no matter how tempting it maybe...

At least it’s running through your mind.:lol:

• Haha 1