The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Did not get to watch the entire game.  What's with the erriksson posts

Two phantom penalty calls against him by the idiot refs and the coilers scored on both. Only reason the coilers won were the non existent penalties that were called.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Did not get to watch the entire game.  What's with the erriksson posts

His penalties led to goals ...  turning point

to be fair , Nurse did some great diving on the calls and the refs didn’t call him and on it 

• Upvote 3

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Did you even watch the game?  

The Canucks outplayed the Oilers for two and a half periods and lost because of PP goals on two laughable penalties.  

I'm proud of their effort tonight, they played great and got beat by the two best forwards in the league. 

Yeah I watched thats why I said they played two good periods. 

They went back to playing dump it in hockey in the third hence why they had2 shots in 8 minutes both by Hughes in the third. They turned back on with 5 minutes to go. Oddly when they stopped dumping it in well except when they handed the puck away by dumping it it with the net empty 6 on 5...

Keep blaming the refs for every loss ... that’s what’s laughable. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, kurtis said:

The amount of people blaming the refs in this game is gross.. 

Not blaming the refs, I just think that Nurse should be fined by the league for embellishment and diving. 

7 minutes ago, Roberts said:

watch Green put Eriksson on the first line after this

oh wait

I saw him out there with Pettersson a couple times tonight, also on PP1. It was probably just a cross over between changes but still. 

My guess is they're trying to get him going on the slim chance someone might trade for him. Not a whole lot of choice. They're up against the wall on cap space and having to let Marky walk because they have to retain Erickson would cost Benning his job, you know it would.

• Upvote 1

When are teams going understand McDick and Drai will pass to each other nine out of 10 times specially on the ower play. I may be naive but why not assign your fastest skaters and best defenders to shadow them. Let the other 2 defenders deal with the three other players. If you contain McDick and Drai you hav, simple yete a decent chance to win. It seems obvious, a simple strategy yet teams continue to follow the puck and leave one or the other open for shots. I am willing to bet such an approach would nmakle a difference.

Just now, N7Nucks said:

These refs should be ashamed. Eriksson should have been tossed outta the game for that. Disgusting. I really hope Nurse has a speedy recovery.

Could be the end of Nurse's season...

League might wanna consider throwing the Raffi Torres book at Loui, can't have predatory players like that roaming free. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3