The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Van-Phil

Canucks trade-

Tanner Pearson + Antoine Roussel + 2nd rd pick

Flyers trade- 

Travis Konecy + 1st rd pick

Be nice to get our first rd pick back! aswell Travis Konecy to play along his cousin Captain, Bo Horvat! I’d think he love that very much! My proposal needs some tweaking I’m sure! But I can’t be too far off the charts! Thoughts and opinions around this proposal? Be nice! 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

Konecny leads the Flyers in points with 25pts in 27 games.  I don't see a team trading their 22 year old leading point producer and a 1st round pick for two middle 6 players who can't match his production and cost significantly more cap wise.  Konecny is signed long term at 5.5M and he's only 22.

Boeser has 25pts in 28 games.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Canucks trade-

Tanner Pearson + Antoine Roussel + 2nd rd pick

Flyers trade- 

Travis Konecy + 1st rd pick

Be nice to get our first rd pick back! aswell Travis Konecy to play along his cousin Captain, Bo Horvat! I’d think he love that very much! My proposal needs some tweaking I’m sure! But I can’t be too far off the charts! Thoughts and opinions around this proposal? Be nice! 

Take out his rookie season as a 19 years old and Konecky has similar career stats to Brock Boeser, who was selected 1 rank before him.   Ask yourself, would you take that package for Boeser???

I think your proposal needs a complete overhaul, not a tweak.

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Take out his rookie season as a 19 years old and Konecky has similar career stats to Brock Boeser, who was selected 1 rank before him.   Ask yourself, would you take that package for Boeser???

I think your proposal needs a complete overhaul, not a tweak.

Are you confused by the proposal, or do you just think it’s not fair?  I completely understand what the OP suggested.  I think his values are way off, but he didn’t confuse me.  See, your post is the confusing one.  I am totally confused.  Why are you mentioning BB?  That’s totally confusing me. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1

Right now Ghost has fallen heavily out of favour with AV and the team (scratched twice and playing bottom pairing).... he might be an interesting target.   As far as the OP ... BB or a core guy would have to go the other way.  Replace Pearson and Roussel and keep the picks the same - add Horvat or BB and it might work.

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you confused by the proposal, or do you just think it’s not fair?  I completely understand what the OP suggested.  I think his values are way off, but he didn’t confuse me.  See, your post is the confusing one.  I am totally confused.  Why are you mentioning BB?  That’s totally confusing me. 

He’s mentioning Boeser because Konecky has similar stats to Him. He’s asking the OP if he’d trade Boeser for such an underwhelming package.  I’m not sure what’s confusing about that. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He’s mentioning Boeser because Konecky has similar stats to Him. He’s asking the OP if he’d trade Boeser for such an underwhelming package.  I’m not sure what’s confusing about that. 

Konecny is listed as 5'10 and 175 pounds. Alf probably has him filed in the "double flamingo" category. :P

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

I'm trying to show that Konecky has similar value to BB.    Then, I'm asking the OP if he would take a package of Pearson, Roussel and a 2nd for BB and a 1st.

Was trying to show how ridiculous that offer was, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Edited by timberz21

41 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I'm trying to show that Konecky has similar value to BB.    Then, I'm asking the OP if he would take a package of Pearson, Roussel and a 2nd for BB and a 1st.

Was trying to show how ridiculous that offer was, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Ok maybe my trade value is a lil off. but why would you think we would wanna trade B.B.? Ok if it’s so off maybe we do something like this instead...

van trades- Ferland + Pearson + Jet Woo + Lou Erickson + 2nd rd pick total cap hit of 14 mill

Phil trades- Konecy + JVR + Laughton + 1st rd pick

cap hit of 14. 75 mill

they get Erickson remaining 3 years while we get JVR remaing 4 years cap hit. They also get Jet Woo a top prospect to sweet the deal up. 

Edited by KnuckleHead16

5 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Ok maybe my trade value is a lil off. but why would you think we would wanna trade B.B.? Ok if it’s so off maybe we do something like this instead...

van trades- Ferland + Pearson + Jet Woo + Lou Erickson + 3rd rd pick total cap hit of 13.25 mill

Phil trades- Konecy + JVR + 1st rd pick

cap hit of 12.5 mill

they get Erickson remaining 3 years while we get JVR remaing 4 years cap hit. They also get Jet Woo a top prospect to sweet the deal up. 

A78D51EF-0026-4485-BC45-A7E4ABA38D6E.gif

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

A78D51EF-0026-4485-BC45-A7E4ABA38D6E.gif

Lolol come on now it’s not that bad... they get a good prospect. Erickson could easily play better in a new environment just like Neal did... JVR struggling with flyers aswell and needs to find a new home! Ferland a stud Pearson will help aswell. Laughton sucks too. We’re taking risk just as much as they are with Konecy. I would go for Konecy but not willing to trade a Brock Boeser for him. Just my opinion.

Edited by KnuckleHead16

13 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

van trades- Ferland + Pearson + Jet Woo + Lou Erickson + 2nd rd pick total cap hit of 14 mill

Phil trades- Konecy + JVR + Laughton + 1st rd pick

cap hit of 14. 75 mill

Konecky is an up and coming player about to hit his prime in a few years.  Why would Philly trade him for spare parts?  Woo is a good propsect, not a top one. They have Sam Morin, Provorov, Sanheim and Myers as up and coming defenseman, not sure Woo really fills a need for them.   On the other hand, Giroux and Voracek are getting old, they need Konecky.

I'll break it down for you

1st ­> 2nd

JVR = Eriksson

Laughton >= Pearson

So we are left with:

Konecky ­>>>>>>> Ferland and Woo

If Philly wanted Ferland, they could have signed him this summer.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Lolol come on now it’s not that bad... they get a good prospect. Erickson could easily play better in a new environment just like Neal did... JVR struggling with flyers aswell and needs to find a new home! Ferland a stud Pearson will help aswell. Laughton sucks too. We’re taking risk just as much as they are with Konecy. I would go for Konecy but not willing to trade a Brock Boeser for him. Just my opinion.

First off. Konecy is 22 and Philly’s leading scorer.  You may not want to give up a Boeser quality asset to get him. But that’s what he’s worth.  The point others are making is you wouldn’t trade Boeser for a bunch of lesser assets. Why would Philly trade Konecy for a bunch of mediocre assets. 

Second. You say JVR is struggling with Philly. But he has 59 points in 93 games with them. That’s far better than what Ericksson is producing.  

So you’re asking for a young top line winger who is leading the team in scoring.  An effective winger putting up .63 ppg. And a 1st for 

a concussion addled forward who is roughly equivalent to what JVR brings

a bottom 6 forward 

a cap dump with a buyout proof contract 

a decent D prospect who is still a total unknown at the NHL level 

and a 3rd round pick.  

Philly has zero incentive to make this trade.  They’re a better team with Konecy and they keep their 1st 

• Cheers 1