The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hindsite 20/20 Would you have rather kept Burrows?

Rate this topic

smokes

Would you have rather kept Burrows than have a prospect in Karlsson?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nope he was at the end with no use left to the current rebuild.  I prefered the chances to get a prospect that could have turned into something.  Its a trade I would do 10/10 times, if you aren't competing for a cup you dump off old assets for hope to compete one day.

On 12/4/2019 at 2:10 PM, 189lb enforcers? said:

I know the forum will bitch and moan about the current team a little more than previous seasons, or so it seems, but at least the team isn’t a victim out there anymore like it was back then. 

These are good days. Burrows and Hansen were a few of the only deals they could make, or so they said. 

I like the *new Canucks team better than the 2012 team because they are not diving and crying to the ref to set things right, and to win games. Character. 

Yep.  Now it's just us fans crying about the refs and taking diving penalties on the CDC after a loss ha ha ..

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

It was nice that he got paid 

He was one player that I never complained about ever as far as his salary was concerned.   Took a huge discount under MG so we could stay under the cap when we'd needed to, and was rewarded for it next contract.  Glad he was also able to get some more at the end too.

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Yep.  Now it's just us fans crying about the refs and taking diving penalties on the CDC after a loss ha ha ..

I guess if that’s all that there is to moan about the team anymore, things must be great! 

I don’t get the blame game. It really is a site of fanatics that way. 

On 12/4/2019 at 10:52 AM, xereau said:

I would have blown it up after 2012 playoff rout.

Supposedly, that's exactly what Gillis wanted.

Whether or not he would've been the right guy for the job is another question entirely.

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

Supposedly, that's exactly what Gillis wanted.

Whether or not he would've been the right guy for the job is another question entirely.

Yeah, hindsight is great, however, I was calling for it here.

The core was badly fractured at that point.

The point where it completely crumbled, however, was when the team let in 7 vs the Islanders in the 3rd period at home in the '13/'14 season.

Gillis would have probably done well enough, though the team would look entirely different now.

Edited by xereau