The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

For Alt News/Views, Try "The Duran"

Nuxfanabroad

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Roger stone is one of those old guys that would just get wrecked on the yard. Plain and simple he’s a criminal that would not have been able to serve his time so trump stepped in. Real mfs will do their bit and go right back to the grind but there always pu$$irs posing.

6D8C6362-AB7C-4888-B3A5-DE59C489D065.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Only came outside to watch the nightfall with the rain
I heard you making patterns rhyme
Like some new romantic looking for the TV sound
You'll see I'm right some other time

Look now, look all around, there's no sign of life
Voices, another sound, can you hear me now?

This is planet earth,

you're looking at planet earth

Funny thing about Duran Duran. One of my private students(about 18 yrs back) proudly exclaimed, "I was a groupie for Simon LeBon! Whenever he came to Japan he'd call me!" (was that his name? no interest in that 80's boy band tripe!) But Lordee this girl looked the part! She got hired by JAL as a flight attendant, so didn't stick around Osaka much longer. Had me thinkin back to youth, wishin', fishin', I'd been a musician.

I mean look at'em yoyos..playin' guitar on yer MTV...

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...

One member of "The Duran" tandem, has started his own channel. Alexander Mercouris presents an informed, objective viewpoint on matters of geopolitical-import. On various regions, he also provides good historical context, explaining grievances, rivalries & the like.

Things are getting rather hairy in The Ukraine..worrisome to put it mildly. Today's topic(episode #108) concerns Russia's military build-up.

• 2 months later...

Excellent episode on Alexander Mercouris' separate channel today(July 4th; epi #210) where he assesses the ever-deepening ties between Russia & China. Lengthy at 51 mins, but interesting & informative.

Don't think most folks realize the scale of change that is building within these geopolitical(then subsequently) economic realities.

• Vintage 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Good to hear Alexander Mercouris wish all Intl viewers a happy Christmas. Noted he's wrapping up his first full yr of his own Youbube news channel. Wouldn't know what's happening in the world without this guy's clear, balanced reporting. Every weekday's breakfast-listen.

Usually offers an eastern perspective on geopolitics, within interesting, historical-context. It raises my spirits to read commenters around the world, who realize the games the main/lamestream media sources play. In various corners of the globe, the sheep just MIGHT be questioning the broken, twisted narratives.

With Ukraine; Taiwan/China; & Iran/ Isreal flashpoints, we may be closer to the precipice of ugly, nasty events, moreso than many realize. Let's all hope diplomacy wins the day, & a balance of peace is realized, amongst a fair, respectful, multi-polar approach. The days(daze?) of this beautiful planet tolerating & persisting through empires are no more. If we all don't learn to sing a lil' harmony, the future for our youth WILL be utterly F***ed!

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Funny thing about Duran Duran. One of my private students(about 18 yrs back) proudly exclaimed, "I was a groupie for Simon LeBon! Whenever he came to Japan he'd call me!" (was that his name? no interest in that 80's boy band tripe!) But Lordee this girl looked the part! She got hired by JAL as a flight attendant, so didn't stick around Osaka much longer. Had me thinkin back to youth, wishin', fishin', I'd been a musician.

I mean look at'em yoyos..playin' guitar on yer MTV...

True story: Many years ago the band I was in was gigging in Courtney. Our bass player used to like to swing for the fences when it came to women, so he started chatting up this seriously hot blond, while we were on a break.

We had the following week off and as it turned out, this girl was going to be visiting her grandmother in Victoria the following week. (Our band was based in Victoria)

Long story short, my buddy has this girl's phone number, but chickens out on calling her, thinking she is out of his league. (She was, but she did give him the number)

The girls' name? Pam Anderson

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2021 at 4:41 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

One member of "The Duran" tandem, has started his own channel. Alexander Mercouris presents an informed, objective viewpoint on matters of geopolitical-import. On various regions, he also provides good historical context, explaining grievances, rivalries & the like.

Things are getting rather hairy in The Ukraine..worrisome to put it mildly. Today's topic(episode #108) concerns Russia's military build-up.

No, this isn't an April fool's joke(altho it IS April 1st here in Asia)..but I bump this post from April, 2021, where Alex M suggested things were getting hairy in The Ukraine. He certainly had warned us!

Today(episode 450) he outlines how Russian FM, Sergei Lavrov is visiting China, then India tomorrow. There is a lot of sentiment in the global south, that is turning against the western, global hegemon. Russia, India, China..is the west getting RIC-rolled?

Can we trust lamestream media-reports in times of global conflict?

Have ya's read your Orwell yet?

As Voltaire stated, "Judge a man not by what he tells you, but rather the questions he asks." (roughly paraphrased..it's been a while)

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2022 at 9:32 AM, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I had a look at this the other day. Just another Russian propaganda network. Time to let this thread die once and for all. 

lol..how 'blessed' we are that virulent propaganda ONLY emanates from the East, eh?!

Wonderful western MSM is pure as the driven snow :^)