Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

P.E.I. man wants to know why he pays HST on electricity he generates himself


Ryan Strome

Recommended Posts

anything hooked up to a meter must be subject to HST. Does he get paid for what he puts on the grid? He'd get the HST back for that power at least.

 

You'd think with a smart meter this could get worked out as to what he generated and what he took/gives to the grid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

anything hooked up to a meter must be subject to HST. Does he get paid for what he puts on the grid? He'd get the HST back for that power at least.

 

You'd think with a smart meter this could get worked out as to what he generated and what he took/gives to the grid. 

why?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This story is 2 years old. They covered this guy again in 2018 and also again this year. PEI introduced a 10% HST rebate. Not much but it's a start.

 

Unfortunately this guy is way ahead of everybody else and bureaucracy hasn't caught up to him yet.

 

I'm sure he can handle paying an extra $100 a year if he can afford $42k in renovations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Baer. said:

This story is 2 years old. They covered this guy again in 2018 and also again this year. PEI introduced a 10% HST rebate. Not much but it's a start.

 

Unfortunately this guy is way ahead of everybody else and bureaucracy hasn't caught up to him yet.

 

I'm sure he can handle paying an extra $100 a year if he can afford $42k in renovations.

Pretty much what I was thinking as well. It's not like Canada is littered with 'net zero' homes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Baer. said:

This story is 2 years old. They covered this guy again in 2018 and also again this year. PEI introduced a 10% HST rebate. Not much but it's a start.

 

Unfortunately this guy is way ahead of everybody else and bureaucracy hasn't caught up to him yet.

 

I'm sure he can handle paying an extra $100 a year if he can afford $42k in renovations.

lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

must be how the regulations work in PEI. They were probably in place long before anyone thought of homes that were net zero or energy producing. 

Must be.

These things should be amended immediately and reimbursement retro dated.

 

Meanwhile oil is exempt.

 

Gross.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Must be.

These things should be amended immediately and reimbursement retro dated.

 

Meanwhile oil is exempt.

 

Gross.

home heating oil tanks are way more common out east than it is here in BC. Must have been an election goodie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...