The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

Buffalo is going to be hungry after almost completing the comeback against Calgary. I suspect the Canucks will come out flying in the first, but that second period is going to be critical. Need a full 60 boys. 

This is the lineup I'd like to see:

Pearson - Horvat - Gaudette

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen/Leivo

Ferland - Beagle - Leivo/Virtanen/MacKewan

If Pearson isn't having a good game then replace him with Roussel, Ferland or Virtanen

Loving the depth of our team, but there's too many bodies. We need to do something with Loui and potentially Schaller (he's playing well, but odd man out). MacKewan will most likely need to be sent down as well unfortunately. We should keep Leivo 

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Your boys won the last tilt right?

Our turn. Though I don't like these early starts, Nucks never seem to do well in matinee games.

Dahlin has been out for a little while with a concussion and hasn't recovered yet, so that's not gonna help with the Sabres' goaltending situation either.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

Loving the depth of our team, but there's too many bodies. We need to do something with Loui and potentially Schaller (he's playing well, but odd man out). MacKewan will most likely need to be sent down as well unfortunately. We should keep Leivo 

Such a dilemma on Gaudentte tho... it will be extremely tough to take him out of the line up right now. He's put up some numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Fateless said:

You cannot take Gaudette out with how's he has been playing. It would be terrible optics for the prospects in the system to see that even if you're having a stellar season as a young player, you still get sat in favour of veterans who aren't producing. 

Nm the best celeys we have seen in a while. The kid is heart and soul. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just bought tickets for the game. Gunna be 2 for 2 on attending skate jersey games this year. 

I posted in another thread that we're currently outside the playoffs (due to tiebreaker), so we need to make some hay. This is a winnable game, gotta get the 2 pts. 

Jack Eichel is an under the radar Hart contender IMO (if Buffalo makes it), limiting his chances will be critical. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Just bought tickets for the game. Gunna be 2 for 2 on attending skate jersey games this year. 

I posted in another thread that we're currently outside the playoffs (due to tiebreaker), so we need to make some hay. This is a winnable game, gotta get the 2 pts. 

Jack Eichel is an under the radar Hart contender IMO (if Buffalo makes it), limiting his chances will be critical. 

I know we're only 30 or so games in but I never thought that the Wild would be a wildcard team. :lol:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fateless said:

You cannot take Gaudette out with how's he has been playing. It would be terrible optics for the prospects in the system to see that even if you're having a stellar season as a young player, you still get sat in favour of veterans who aren't producing. 

Pretty sure Gaudette requires waivers now as well, so it's definitely not happening

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Oh and some of you already know this story, but here's a quick video of the Sabres and Taro Tsujimoto.

What many don’t realize is this was actually done again by the Oilers 

the Oilers utilized  a number 1 overall pick on a player that didn’t exist .....

yakupov 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

I usually post a Sabres pump-up video on the Sabres vs Canucks thread, but this game is going to go one of two ways.  The goaltending will be good and the Sabres will eke out a close win or the goaltending will be inconsistent and substandard and the Canuck are going to feast.

The Canucks will tenderize the Sabres like bison meat and feast. If I’m wrong, I’ll do my best to avoid admitting it until I can’t. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Wow All 3 might play?

JV being potential healthy scratch will enrage a lot of people here. 

But I prioritize playoffs hockey over anything this season. 

If anyone goes cold, I am sure JV can jump right back in. 

I am excited to see Ferly back. 

Won’t happen anyway. Schaller, Eriksson, and McEwan will all be sat before JV. Heck, even Leivo. I don’t see Green making that decision. My two cents anyway...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3