The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

8 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I just logged on to up-vote these posts. I too was a huge fan of big Harold. He's my all time favorite.

It was right on the stick to Bossy. Of all the Islanders, he was the last guy you wanted to gift an open chance like that. Still, that was an epic run.

Good memory!  

Amazing what you can find on youtube....37 year old clips (Play by play by Bob Cole and Dick Irvin)!   

Here is the goal we are talking about.  Mere seconds left int he first OT and Harold coughs it up to the most lethal guy 

Edited by Darius

25 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I just logged on to up-vote these posts. I too was a huge fan of big Harold. He's my all time favorite.

It was right on the stick to Bossy. Of all the Islanders, he was the last guy you wanted to gift an open chance like that. Still, that was an epic run.

Well, it wasn't an epic run.

It was enjoyable, because it was unexpected from a sub .500 team like the Canucks, who finished with a mere 77 points. Along the way they beat Calgary (75 points), L.A. (63 points), and Chicago (72 points). They didn't lace up against any team who was better than them until they faced the Isles. Then, of course, it got real in a hurry. 

Edited by Jack Fig

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

It was enjoyable, because it was unexpected from a sub .500 team like the Canucks, who finished with a mere 77 points. Along the way they beat Calgary (75 points), L.A. (63 points), and Chicago (72 points). They didn't lace up against any team who was better than them, until they faced the Isles. Then, of course, it got real in a hurry. 

Que?

32 minutes ago, Darius said:

I loved Harold too.  There was a stretch there for about 3 years where Harold hadnt scored a goal (maybe im inflating the number of years in my head, its been so long).  Then he scored one from the point vs Montreal (i believe) and the crowd went nuts.  chants of Haroooold the whole game.  Even when Harold had left the Canucks you would occasionally hear the chant in the crowd when they were not playing well....basically a mock chant implying that even Harold would have scored.  The other memory of Harold I have is game 1 vs NYI SCF 1982...didnt he cough up the puck and it cost the Canucks game 1?  They had played so well holding off the legendary NYI attack that whole game.

I thought the Canucks outplayed the NYI in those first 2 games. Brodeur was unreal. Harold played as tough as nails. 

Harold stopped at my store on the way to Kimberley to scout a kid many years ago. Really unassuming, nice guy. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I just got a call from someone to help with something.  I may not be done in time to be on CDC during today's game. 

First Sabres vs. Canucks game I won't be here for in years if I don't finish up in time. :(

Helping people? What is this ...1965 or something? 

• Haha 1

I just got a call from someone to help with something.  I may not be done in time to be on CDC during today's game. 

First Sabres vs. Canucks game I won't be here for in years if I don't finish up in time. :(

Oh come on....I need someone to trash talk back at me.  It's a boring deal if it's one sided.  Can't the Sabres get someone else to saddle up the Buffalo to get them to the rink?

(Dare I say you'll be missed?)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Or simply you didn't suffer watching the team prior to Linden and Bure. 

When Toni Tanti was one of the few glimmers of hope. And you felt betrayed the team traded a local kid named Neely AND a first round pick to Boston. 

Who went on to being a dominant player for Boston. And is a member of that team's management. 

&^@# Boston. 

Unless it's a pretty lady who needs "help" fixing her TV gametime is gametime.

1 hour ago, Vermette9 said:

Leivo and Gaudette switch 

Gaudette should stick with Roussell as they played well together last game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Oh come on....I need someone to trash talk back at me.  It's a boring deal if it's one sided.  Can't the Sabres get someone else to saddle up the Buffalo to get them to the rink?

(Dare I say you'll be missed?)

Just @SabreFan1 every time something happens just like we used to do to Apricot when Boeser scored a point in his rookie season :lol:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Touche. Must read a little closer. I still thought it was epic. It seemed we were still the underdogs in most of those series ... I was a little younger though. :towel:

No problem. 

1994 for me qualifies as epic. They knocked off 3 teams who were 12,12 and 13 points higher than them in the regular season, then pushed NYR to the wall .... the team who was number 1 in the regular season.

Solid epicness. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

It was enjoyable, because it was unexpected from a sub .500 team like the Canucks, who finished with a mere 77 points. Along the way they beat Calgary (75 points), L.A. (63 points), and Chicago (72 points). They didn't lace up against any team who was better than them until they faced the Isles. Then, of course, it got real in a hurry. 

So unless you beat teams that are better than you in the playoffs it can't be legendary?:bigblush: