The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks - Dec 7, 2019 - 1pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

14 minutes ago, ohmy said:

I dont care what anyone thinks but those jerseys are amazing!

I remember my psych teacher in grade 11 telling me these were engineered by sports psychologists for something like $100,000. They were supposed to instill fear in their opponents and inspire our own team and fans. Something about the black making people afraid and the V with Gold and red symbolizing our victory.

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What they will wear during warm-up:

ELNHa1kU4AAT2bS?format=jpg&name=large

ELNHa1jU8AA3E98?format=jpg&name=large

VC, I'm sure you remember how much the rest of the NHL ridiculed those uni's back in the day. I sure do! Remember the uproar, when they commissioned a marketing firm to study what colours sport teams should wear, and this is what they came up with. Ironic, they still wear the blue that they considered passive. My son has one with a Gradin autograph on the back. I think it's his favourite jersey of all.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I remember my psych teacher in grade 11 telling me these were engineered by sports psychologists for something like $100,000. They were supposed to instill fear in their opponents and inspire our own team and fans. Something about the black making people afraid and the V with Gold and red symbolizing our victory.

I just replied to VC, with the same comments. You must be old like me?? lol!

• Cheers 1