The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I know it's easy to say it now but I like the attacking power play, teams sometimes just pass and pass and pass around the outside and make it easy on the other team. Canucks attempted 3 passes to the front of the net and 2 shots all in 1 minute and 10 seconds.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"He said he didn't hit me, so I don't know if he didn't mean to do it or if he was just lost out there or what. *laughs* I don't know how he didn't know that he hit me, but I think when he sees it he's going to know why I said something to him." - Horvat on the Montour hit

"I was actually on my way back out to play. But as soon as I stepped out of the room, Millsy scored, and it's even better that we got the win." - Horvat, who says he was cleared to return for OT

Where are you sourcing the quotes from?

Quinn Hughes may just able to play nhl hockey wow.  JT Miller isn't worth a first round pick folks. Wink Wink.

Pettersson really does play 200ft and that Leivo guy aint all bad. Welcome back beags and ferland.

Edited by Bell
  • Upvote 2

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

With Boeser and Petey struggling 5vs5, next game lineup may need a slight adjustment 

Miller Petey Ferland

Pearson Bo Leivo

Roussel Gauds Boeser

Schaller Beags Virt

May be worth a try for the first period. 

Virtanen has been playing well with with Rous and Gaud. I don't think I'd want to break them up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

Your goalie is worse than ours. 

Big win on an early Saturday night game. Watch out nightclub ladies. 

yeah and neither were that good

hope that puts an end to all the desires to trade markstrom

we need a solid tandem back there

and demko is not yet ready to be the clear #1 starter

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Virtanen has been playing well with with Rous and Gaud. I don't think I'd want to break them up. 

i'd move gaud up the line up to play wing with either ep40 or bo

and i'd keep brock on one of the top 2 lines

ferland and leivo can play 3rd line

and we have 4 solid centres without gaud playing that position

11 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Did not catch the game but looking at the stats it seems the Canucks had a two goal lead in the third.  Were the Canucks, outplayed in third or were they playing Greens' third period cautious hockey or both ???? Any experts, care to share there opinion of the third.

3rd period play was decent. Sabres were granted 4 straight pps. Montour hit Bo directly in the head, no call, and then the concussion spotters took Bo out of the game. Not having Horvat hurt our ability to defend the lead.

We did not play the 6 on 5 well at all though. All the skaters were stationary and collapsed to the net, 0 pressure on the puck carrier, that was frustrating.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

We scored 6 goals so (obviously), there are 18 points to go around. 
The positive out of that though, is that those 18 points were spread out between 11 players.
7 Forwards and 4 Defenceman. 

Boeser 2A
Leivo 2G
Miller 1/1
Roos 2G
Jake 2A
Pearson 1A
Pete 1A

Myers 1/1
Stech 2A
Benn 1A
Quinn 1A

Pettersson has shown in a few instances this year he can match with other teams big dogs.  Obv Bo or Beags is a better choice but the young swede seems to be able to handle his own.  

I never complain about officiating. but am truly dumfounded how a strike to the head of a very clean captain isn't at least a minor.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I hope Bo is okay.

Happy with the W, wished someone answered the bell for our captain.  Even just roughing Montour up, is that too hard to ask?

Montour should get at least a 1 game suspension for it.  The league will have to look at it now that the spotter pulled Horvat out of the game. Or it makes the NHL look even more bush league than they already do.

• Upvote 2

Just now, coastal.view said:

i'd move gaud up the line up to play wing with either ep40 or bo

and i'd keep brock on one of the top 2 lines

ferland and leivo can play 3rd line

and we have 4 solid centres without gaud playing that position

I forgot that Sutter's supposed to be back soon. Next game is likely I imagine. If they're dead set on having Sutter center the 3rd line, I could definitely see Gaud moving up the lineup. 

It's kind of difficult to figure out who to move down though. Miller obviously ain't moving out of the top 6, and Pearson and Leivo have both been playing really well lately, so I dont know how you can justify moving either one of them down. We have a bit of a logjam happening right now. 

6 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

With Boeser and Petey struggling 5vs5, next game lineup may need a slight adjustment 

Miller Petey Ferland

Pearson Bo Leivo

Roussel Gauds Boeser

Schaller Beags Virt

May be worth a try for the first period. 

A lot of moving pieces to fix one line especially one that has won 2 of 3 games. I am not a fan of jumbling every line to fix the problems of one. Roussel and Jake played great together. Why ruin that cause Boeser and Petey are struggling 5 on 5? Also, why is Pearson staying in the top 6 and Jake getting demoted to the 4th line. Pearson has been a ghost for the better part of a month. 

• Upvote 1