The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I like Boeser. I've gone to bat for him many times on this board. I've had some hellish arguments with a handful of people here about Boeser. But the fact of the matter is that he just doesn't look very good, and the line isn't producing much 5 v 5. Boeser has played well with Horvat before, and Bo needs a linemate that can consistently put up points. 

I've been critical of Boeser this year, maybe too much so.  

What's irked me was the contract negotiations this summer.  Boeser might've priced himself into becoming a free agent after this contract.  His agent demanded 7.5 mil/season in his last year meaning that we have to give him at least that much money to qualify him.  

I hope that Boeser gets back to his old-self, so I feel that a new center could help Brock AND Elias.  Right now he can't complete passes and is very turnover-prone.  

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Virtanen has been playing well with with Rous and Gaud. I don't think I'd want to break them up. 

They were the best forechecking line throughout the game. Green trusted the line so much that even set them out on 6-on-5 at the end of the 3rd (though it backfired :P)

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

What's irked me was the contract negotiations this summer.  Boeser might've priced himself into becoming a free agent after this contract.  His agent demanded 7.5 mil/season in his last year meaning that we have to give him at least that much money to qualify him.  

I hope that Boeser gets back to his old-self, so I feel that a new center could help Brock AND Elias.  Right now he can't complete passes and is very turnover-prone.  

I kind of doubt that because he missed most of the training camp due to contract negotiation and a concussion from a dirty hit.   Despite all of this, he was able to get some points out from this which is a sign of a good player not looking good.   Let's face the facts, he hasn't really looking good so far.  Once he is caught up, he will be good.  Probably a bit too slow to make a quick decision when he has the puck.  When he entered in the league, he wasn't thinking and went for it and wasn't hesitate to shoot.  He Is a little bit hesitate because of other options is available with better talents than his first season and he wanted to look good.  

just baffles me how the Horvat headshot got missed. Not only was the puck 3 feet away, it was a blatant accidentally on purpose pick. Everyone in the building saw it. They just choose to ignore it because of the score and time of game. That’s basically fixing a game. That’s illegal in most countries. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well. Worst case scenario is the Canucks unload him for a nice haul before his contract expires. Right now the Canucks need all the goals they can get and aren’t in a position to be making ‘hockey trades’ because they simply aren’t in that position. Yet. 

6 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Didn't Pearson just have a 4 point game, like just 3 games ago. :picard:

"For the better part of a month", last I checked we play more than one game in a months worth of time. Pretty sure Eriksson had a 4 point game once here too. Lol. Does that make his entire time here good? 

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Still doesn't excuse piss poor officiating the rest of the game though... 

Anyone who says I was whining about the officiating can *iss off. That protocol call on Bo, should have been at least an elbow call. Two minutes left in the game he gets pulled by Toronto from the game and allows Buffalo to tie the game. This crap has been going on far too long in the NHL. I'm sure the Canucks aren't the only team this happens to, but, it's pretty hard to say it doesn't. John and John were going on about the calls all afternoon.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, fecklund said:

We scored 6 goals so (obviously), there are 18 points to go around. 
The positive out of that though, is that those 18 points were spread out between 11 players.
7 Forwards and 4 Defenceman. 

Boeser 2A
Leivo 2G
Miller 1/1
Roos 2G
Jake 2A
Pearson 1A
Pete 1A

Myers 1/1
Stech 2A
Benn 1A
Quinn 1A

looks like we are the only team with 5 players in top 50 scoring!

petey, boes, miller, qh , bo

Never thought that was a possibility this year.

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

yeah and neither were that good

hope that puts an end to all the desires to trade markstrom

we need a solid tandem back there

and demko is not yet ready to be the clear #1 starter

Yes! Markstrom must be re-signed in the off season and he is going to want a raise. The question is who can we move to clear up cap space? LE is the obvious choice but barring a miracle it is going to have to be someone else. Beagle has my vote. He's 34, is signed at $3m, and doesn't contribute much offensively. Don't get me wrong he's a good shutdown guy, but someone will have to be moved and Guad  has proven this season he is ready to step in as a full time NHL center making Beagle expendable.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

I have zero issue with Bo being pulled from the game for Concussion protocol, better safe than sorry. But give Montour the penalty as well, you have a goddamn replay to watch...

That is exactly the point. 

Did the refs miss the call, or are they fixing the game?

We will see tommorrow what it was. 

If there is no disciplinary hearing for Montour, then its pretty clear. 

Its pretty clear now, douche got away with a high hit, refs were looking at boobies in the stands. 

Why did horvat need to take two friggen face offs for the refs to decide something?

There needs to be a very very strict rule on anything regarding the head. It works both ways though. 

Players need to stop facing the boards. Just dont do it. Too many things can go wrong. Keep the puck moving, and watch the play. People dont want to plant your face into the boards, but if you “put yourself doggy style, you gonna get effed”. 

Edited by MystifyNCrucify
  • Cheers 1