The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

JT Miller is gonna catch Petey in the scoring race if Petey ain't careful:

dubas.PNG.2a4036db038355f4cfcafabf10e94475.PNG

Edit: some Tampa fans must be pissed and think the team traded the wrong player in JT Miller. Big body, hard fore check, scoring machine, leader. They coulda picked one of their midgets to move. Thank god they didn't.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Yes! Markstrom must be re-signed in the off season and he is going to want a raise. The question is who can we move to clear up cap space? LE is the obvious choice but barring a miracle it is going to have to be someone else. Beagle has my vote. He's 34, is signed at $3m, and doesn't contribute much offensively. Don't get me wrong he's a good shutdown guy, but someone will have to be moved and Guad  has proven this season he is ready to step in as a full time NHL center making Beagle expendable.

You probably move on from a winger rather than a centre such as Beagle.

We have already seen how important he and Sutter are to this team. They take defensive pressure off the top lines.  So I think it would be the wrong move to move Beagle or Sutter.

Pick the least effective winger.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

That is exactly the point. 

Did the refs miss the call, or are they fixing the game?

We will see tommorrow what it was. 

If there is no disciplinary hearing for Montour, then its pretty clear. 

Its pretty clear now, douche got away with a high hit, refs were looking at boobies in the stands. 

Why did horvat need to take two friggen face offs for the refs to decide something?

There needs to be a very very strict rule on anything regarding the head. It works both ways though. 

Players need to stop facing the boards. Just dont do it. Too many things can go wrong. Keep the puck moving, and watch the play. People dont want to plant your face into the boards, but if you “put yourself doggy style, you gonna get effed”. 

Bo wasn't anywhere near the boards, if that's who you are calling out?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

One thing I have noticed about Boeser lately is that his puck recovery ability has improved by leaps and bounds since last season and even since the beginning of this season. I think his role has changed playing under Green and he is becoming more of a well rounded player rather than a just guy with a wicked one timer.

Boeser needs to not try to play above his skill set. Too many cute moves and passes that even the best in the game have a hard time connecting on. 

8 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You probably move on from a winger rather than a centre such as Beagle.

We have already seen how important he and Sutter are to this team. They take defensive pressure off the top lines.  So I think it would be the wrong move to move Beagle or Sutter.

Pick the least effective winger.

Who then? Pearson, Roussel, and Ferland are the only wingers with similar salaries. Pull the plug on the Ferland experiment so soon?

10 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Also, might I add, it's his style of play in general. He's not the right fit for let's say Sedins or EP40 ... etc.

He's fit to play more North South hockey with speed and strength. Making little plays here and there is really capping what he can do out there.

I like that line with Gaud, Rouss and JV. They make very few passes into the zone entry. 

Once they are in there, no little sauce/ dangles. They just keep it simple. 

Shot-> Go to the net. 

Also, they do more than just scoring. 

Especially Guad, they win puck battles and the other team are just trapped in their own zone. 

I really liked that. 

Excellent post.

I love that line. Roussel is a pain in the butt, hits, and digs hard. Gaudette is a real dog on a bone type guy. I can't say how many times, in the last while, I have seen him go hard after the puck and end up coming out with it.

His D play needs work, but he is new to the league and that should come.

JV has been playing well lately. He still needs to work on where he needs to be on our zone and some of his passes are so so. 

The line is great overall though.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Who then? Pearson, Roussel, and Ferland are the only wingers with similar salaries. Pull the plug on the Ferland experiment so soon?

So the maximum amount of salary that can be burried in the minors where it doesn't count against your cap is 1.075 mil/season per player.  

That means that when Sutter is back, it doesn't really matter who gets sent down as long as it's not a player that's making less then 1.075 mil/season (we only have a handful of those).  

I think that Louie and then Schaller are the most likely candidates.  Virtanen, Gaudette and Motte play the in and out of the lineup game.  

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, gurn said:

Eriksson

So I'd say the pick the second least effective winger.

I guess it will come down to what Green values the most. The worst ppg players are below:

dubas.PNG.9144342151022a0031479d2d125658ef.PNG

Eriksson is obviously gonna be gonzo. So the choice for the next guy to either get traded or waived may be Schaller or Motte.  I don't think Beagle goes anywhere because of his centre position.

48 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I like Boeser. I've gone to bat for him many times on this board. I've had some hellish arguments with a handful of people here about Boeser. But the fact of the matter is that he just doesn't look very good, and the line isn't producing much 5 v 5. Boeser has played well with Horvat before, and Bo needs a linemate that can consistently put up points. 

boeser has 28 points in 30 games,  you say the line isn't producing much 5v5, and that is all Boeser's fault? have you checked the points this line has? why change that.

Just finished watching the recorded game. 

It doesn’t feel right watching and not being on the forum, especially during an exciting game  :( 

great win

refs should be embarrassed after this game, especially having to send Horvat off for concussion protocol after NOT calling a penalty on the hit  :frantic: 

gutsy win 

love Roussel 

now on to crushing the Laughs  :bigblush:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1