The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, JamesB said:

9. Demko was okay but not great. The Canucks gave up quite a few high quality chances and Demko was better than his save percentage of .821 suggests for tonight. Hope he can hang in there. But right now I think the single most important player on the team for making the playoffs is Marky. If Marky plays well, I think we are in. If not, I don't see how we can make it. 

Yes, pretty much agree with you about Demko tonight...….My comment was poorly worded, but I think you articulated it much better...…...

Probably right about Marky as well

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 6string said:

That's his problem he has no off season regime. He came in out of shape and was quickly placed with AHL'er lines at camp.

For one day, y'all need to get over that. He had a goal Greener wanted him to hit, Jake didn't. He got one day with the nobodies. For all we know he just missed the goal that was set for him. He didn't come in like the Pillsbury doughboy. His icetime was not effected nor did he need time to get into shape. Hell he was used quite a bit in preseason and looked pretty good. Pretty sure he even lit it up the very first preseason game with top 6 ice time. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Considering they are being asked about blown leads, maybe we should stop pretending it hasn't been a trend lately. Or maybe not, don't wanna be called a bandwagon fan.

Or, we should follow the players' lead and not make a big deal out of it because it happens?  Keep it in perspective, as they do?  Thank God they don't react like some here do with dramatics like the world is ending.  Battle through, learn from it and understand it happens.  Use it as a wake up call.

Bandwagon fans are often the ones who only support a team that wins (convincingly and without stumbling)....anything else and they're crap.  "Done here".  One person in particular says that then doesn't leave.  It's hiliarious.

I take it on the chin when I'm called a homer because, well, I am.  This is my team and I don't expect them to be perfect...this is for fun and enjoyment, not critical and mostly negative because that sucks the joy out of it.  Observations?  Sure.   Even during the game in a "this is bad" way. But not as an overall and ongoing theme - the sky is falling repeatedly gets to be a matter of chicken little.  Wait until the game ends to decide if it was good or bad and abandon ship.  Don't throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble (yes, at times there will be).  Hang in there and support the team.  They didn't pack it in or give up so why should we?

Went away so I didn't have to engage any further.  But here's a player basically saying "happens and you can adjust/learn from it".  They did so maybe we should follow their lead rather than prematurely packing it in during a game that isn't over.  Which is what some here tend to do.  They call out the team for giving up but they are actually the ones who give up on games before they're over.

15 minutes ago, JamesB said:

7. Getting Roussel back has been great and Leivo seems to have really found his game. 

9. Demko was okay but not great. The Canucks gave up quite a few high quality chances and Demko was better than his save percentage of .821 suggests for tonight. Hope he can hang in there. But right now I think the single most important player on the team for making the playoffs is Marky. If Marky plays well, I think we are in. If not, I don't see how we can make it. 

Roussel is an absolute gem. I wanted to see AG and him on a line, and its been great. Jake seemingly having an awakening with them is a great bonus. AG needs to get much better on face-offs but if he can do that then maybe Sutter can slide in with Bo when he's healthy instead of breaking up this group.

Its easy to forget that Demko's a rookie goalie. He's going to have off moments but what I really like is his composure after a crappy goal and how calm his style is. Its part of the learning curve, but as long as the sv% is better an .910 and gaa under 3 he's going to be an excellent rookie backup. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Ryan Nugent Hopkins said:

6’8” Tyler Myers I think really lacks physicality on the back end.  The guy is bigger than everyone and is soft as butter, really nice goal though. 

Btw the refs were brutal tonight 

Dude, seriously, he makes a great Isaac Washington in this clip ...

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Ryan Nugent Hopkins said:

6’8” Tyler Myers I think really lacks physicality on the back end.  The guy is bigger than everyone and is soft as butter, really nice goal though. 

Btw the refs were brutal tonight 

Disagree that he's soft as butter. He's never been a goon type dman, but he takes care of business when needed.

Agree that the officiating was lopsided tonight despite us getting that PP in OT.

• Upvote 1