The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Haven't seen him play this year in person but last year he looked thick. His filling out nicely. 

its nice to see he has a lil mean streak in him ha

no those guys arnt smurfs ha that's all him ha. 

He's fearless blocking shots too.  Impressive player he's developing in to.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

This is kind of off topic, but I just noticed that Horvat, Hughes, and Monahan have the same amount of points. Gaudreau has one less than those three.

And we have Petey / Boes / JT Miller all with more.

Haha....so much for Calgary being ahead of us in any rebuild.

Calgarysuk fans are pissed and talk a lot about trading Monahan.  Awesome days......lol

:towel:

Edit: although both teams are tied with 34 points each (Canucks have one game in hand). We next play Calgary on Dec. 29 in Calgary. Looking forward to it.

Double Edit: I forgot to mention Lucic the scoring machine. I guess that puts Calgary in a better spot than us going forward  :bigblush:

Calgary did the 12 year Benning rebuild and are now approaching the Colorado point,

Look at the Flames retool, rebuild and how much it resembles Benning's, hanging on to vets too long, over paying and bad contracts, they are now a middle of the road team.

A decent to good soft season team, good for selling season tickets, they are a tease.

Mind you if they get a good goalie, really good and one more forward.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

On 12/8/2019 at 11:18 AM, bishopshodan said:

It was a good summary.

Love that he felt he had to point out bad reffing 2x, while saying CDC bitched worse than it. 

If it needed to be mentioned twice...maybe...maaaybe , just maybe, the bitching was warranted.

Oh CDC, in  the words of Chuck D. 'If you don't love yourself, you can't love nobody' ( which is kinda a double negative, which is also why it's fitting for CDC which sometimes makes little sense)

Memory lane

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Fight against evil.  

Damn back again, up on track again
Some of y'all black again, it got dark
On your mark get set
Out of sight out of mind
Hyprocites forget, like marionettes
Strings in the back like nets
The chosen ones, who can laugh themselves to death
Lack of rhymes, meaningless punch lines
Battle for your mind, like Israel and Palestine

Chuck was soo ahead of his time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Calgary did the 12 year Benning rebuild and are now approaching the Colorado point,

Look at the Flames retool, rebuild and how much it resembles Benning's, hanging on to vets too long, over paying and bad contracts, they are now a middle of the road team.

A decent to good soft season team, good for selling season tickets, they are a tease.

Mind you if they get a good goalie, really good and one more forward.

If they'd had a GM half as good as JB during that time, they'd be much farther ahead.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2019 at 7:03 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Actually it was a 1st and a 3rd 10/10 would do that trade again. And I was one of the few here that liked it from the get go. 

Credit 73, as you fought nail and tooth with a  fair few nay sayers...

I think, there were a few of us that were ok with the trade to be fair...

Most were indifferent, but there were a quite a few complaining ferociously about us trading away our 1st round pick... I think they have gone very quiet...

And when the usual suspects complain about JB and line up all his 'poor' trades and 'terrible' signings... The JT Miller trade have vanished from the front page...as usual they pick and choose...

And yes JT Miller has been just what the doctor ordered for this group of players... What a pick up...

Edited by spook007
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/8/2019 at 3:02 PM, Tracksuit said:

No we don’t. 

We don’t need an always injured third liner when we have younger (cheaper)durable players that are equally capable or will be in the very near future. 

If there’s a trade partner for him then he should be moved. 

We play much better as a team when Sutter is healthy.

Gaudette is clearly better offensively. But the Horvat line draws defensive match ups & its offense suffers. Which is an even up as far as our potential to score.

But when Sutter plays, we shut down the other teams top lines. We still pick up offense. We're even offensively and winning games 4 & 5 to 2. Currently we're winning and losing games with 4 & 5 goals. We have a 2knd stifling PK line also. Our goals against suffer quite a bit when Edler & Sutter are out.

We're absolutely better when Sutter is available!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

We play much better as a team when Sutter is healthy.

Gaudette is clearly better offensively. But the Horvat line draws defensive match ups & its offense suffers. Which is an even up as far as our potential to score.

But when Sutter plays, we shut down the other teams top lines. We still pick up offense. We're even offensively and winning games 4 & 5 to 2. Currently we're winning and losing games with 4 & 5 goals. We have a 2knd stifling PK line also. Our goals against suffer quite a bit when Edler & Sutter are out.

We're absolutely better when Sutter is available!

Both were  heathy in November when the team took a dive. 

Sutter is slightly better defensively that’s it. Gaud JV and AR have better chemistry than any sutter line since he’s been here. 

Edlers been a liability in his own end for years he looks slower every game and standing in front of his goaltender watching the play is usually on the goal against replay. 

the key to your statement is when sutters heathy except he never is..... that alone is reason to move on. 

Gaud will only get better with more ice time sutter will only get hurt again. 

• Wat 2

9 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Sutter is slightly better defensively that’s it. Gaud JV and AR have better chemistry than any sutter line since he’s been here. 

Edlers been a liability in his own end for years he looks slower every game and standing in front of his goaltender watching the play is usually on the goal against replay. 

the key to your statement is when sutters heathy except he never is..... that alone is reason to move on. 

Sutter is a lot better defensively. It is no surprise that the team started to give up a lot more goals and the PK went to $&!# when Beagle and Sutter went out. He's an elite PKer. Gaud isn't used on the PK or defensively in any match up role because he struggles in that regard. If he didn't then Greener would use him.

Gaud's line tends to get hemmed up a lot defensively and he struggles on the draw at 33.5%. 

Gaud's better served as a winger where he has more offensive freedom while eliminating the deficiencies in his game at C. Also and probably the key thing here is that he can play in the top 6 with Bo. Getting Bo's line going is key to us having success otherwise we are a one line team with everyone else being streaky. We stay a fringe team that way.

Imagine a line of Roussel-Horvat-Gaudette. That's currently better than anything else we could throw up in the top 6.

Edit. Not to mention how many points you see Gaudette get coming down the wing.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Sutter is a lot better defensively. It is no surprise that the team started to give up a lot more goals and the PK went to $&!# when Beagle and Sutter went out. He's an elite PKer. Gaud isn't used on the PK or defensively in any match up role because he struggles in that regard. If he didn't then Greener would use him.

Gaud's line tends to get hemmed up a lot defensively and he struggles on the draw at 33.5%. 

Gaud's better served as a winger where he has more offensive freedom while eliminating the deficiencies in his game at C. Also and probably the key thing here is that he can play in the top 6 with Bo. Getting Bo's line going is key to us having success otherwise we are a one line team with everyone else being streaky. We stay a fringe team that way.

Imagine a line of Roussel-Horvat-Gaudette. That's currently better than anything else we could throw up in the top 6.

So he’s way better in the pressboard watching because hes always injured then comes back plays at 80% and gets injured again. Doesn’t make the team better when he constantly needs to be filled  in for. 

The third line has looked good with Jv gaud and AR it’s scoring it’s getting in the forecheck it quicker.Gauds also looked way better on the pp. 

sutter when at 100% is an effective third line shut down pker. 

Problem Is that he’s only been 100% for about 50games in three years. Gaudette will easily surpass what sutter offers in the very near future. 

What can I say I’ve never been a fan of sutter he’s done nothing since he got here to change my mind. I see younger cheaper healthier better options it’s time to move on and see if anyone would even be interested in him. I doubt a 4+mill third liner who’s always hurt doesn’t hit would have a lot of interest. 

• Wat 1

26 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

This is a good post.

Obviously I agree Sutter is much better than Gaud defensively based on my own last post.  I am not sure Gaud is better served as a winger?  Possibly on a line with Horvat and Pearson. It is simply the best deployment option as he deserves to be in the line up.  But cannot play the defensive role we ask of our two shut down lines as well as Beagle or Sutter. He fights & competes hard for the puck.  But needs time.

Unless we agree, err the coaches decide, to make the Beagle 4th & Horvat 2knd lines our defensive lines. In which case Sutter can be a wing for Bo. He has speed, a nice shot.  They can switch draws based on side of the dot. Gawd can continue to play with Ferland & Jake. But I like our team better with Petey, Bo, Sutter and Beagle down the middle than with Gawd on the 3rd. At this stage of his development.

I do believe wing is a good place to keep him in the line up.  A good place to take advantage of his offensive skills.   

2 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

So he’s way better in the pressboard watching because hes always injured then comes back plays at 80% and gets injured again. Doesn’t make the team better when he constantly needs to be filled  in for. 

The third line has looked good with Jv gaud and AR it’s scoring it’s getting in the forecheck it quicker.Gauds also looked way better on the pp. 

sutter when at 100% is an effective third line shut down pker. 

Problem Is that he’s only been 100% for about 50games in three years. Gaudette will easily surpass what sutter offers in the very near future. 

What can I say I’ve never been a fan of sutter he’s done nothing since he got here to change my mind. I see younger cheaper healthier better options it’s time to move on and see if anyone would even be interested in him. I doubt a 4+mill third liner who’s always hurt doesn’t hit would have a lot of interest. 

You can literately say the same thing about Tanev, Edler and a few others who've had serious injury woes. Injuries happen they're a part of the game.

Argue all you want but we are a lot better with Sutter and Beagle in the lineup. We were the best faceoff team before they went out. Our PK was top 5 and we were on a streak of hardly giving up more than 3 goals a game. Without them we got taken advantage of by good teams. We gave up more leads more often, weren't as strong on pucks.

He isn't better as 3rd C that should be getting more defensive roles like it was before Sutter got hurt. I'd rather have Bo used more offensively than he is defensively but that is never gonna happen with Sutter/Beagle out because we can't rely on Gaudette defensively at all. He isn't great on the dot or in his own end. If you want to get the most out of Gaudette then his game is on the wing. He has gotten a lot of points coming down on the wing. He doesn't risk getting his line hemmed up like he has since taking over at C, especially having Virtanen as a winger, that's two young guys who can get taken advantage of in their own zone.

Putting Gaudette on the wing eliminates all the liabilities in his game. He is only good offensively at C and can be better offensively at wing while getting way more opportunity. That's how you get the most out of Adam Gaudette.

You can't argue against that. No ifs ands or buts about it. It's simple stuff

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

This is a good post.

Obviously I agree Sutter is much better than Gaud defensively based on my own last post.  I am not sure Gaud is better served as a winger?  Possibly on a line with Horvat and Pearson. It is simply the best deployment option as he deserves to be in the line up.  But cannot play the defensive role we ask of our two shut down lines as well as Beagle or Sutter. He fights & competes hard for the puck.  But needs time.

Unless we agree, err the coaches decide, to make the Beagle 4th & Horvat 2knd lines our defensive lines. In which case Sutter can be a wing for Bo. He has speed, a nice shot.  They can switch draws based on side of the dot. Gawd can continue to play with Ferland & Jake. But I like our team better with Petey, Bo, Sutter and Beagle down the middle than with Gawd on the 3rd. At this stage of his development.

I do believe wing is a good place to keep him in the line up.  A good place to take advantage of his offensive skills.   

Only argument I have is that I'd rather have Bo's line being used a bit more offensively than it is. Having Sutter/Beagle back allows that.

I see Gaudette as a winger right now. You want him to get more points and not be a liability put him up with Bo who, like him can dish and rip it like him. Hell playing with Bo might make him a better player overall instead of just an offensive threat.

3 hours ago, Tracksuit said:

Bolded statement is laughable and pathetic imo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1