The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

On 12/7/2019 at 3:55 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Not bad for a 13 goal scorer eh @kingofsurrey?

MIller is having a career year no doubt.

The question is though....  Is it a good trade to move a first round pick... ( could be our next Horvat ) for a  guy turning 27 this spring / April ......

I mean the club now is in 18th place.... what if we traded our first round pick and we still do not make the playoffs...

You are quick too judget the trade but i think we will not know who really won this trade for at least 7-8 years from now...  Miller having a career year is great but if the Canucks don't make the playoffs ... i think the trade sucks.

16 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

MIller is having a career year no doubt.

The question is though....  Is it a good trade to move a first round pick... ( could be our next Horvat ) for a  guy turning 27 this spring / April ......

I mean the club now is in 18th place.... what if we traded our first round pick and we still do not make the playoffs...

You are quick too judget the trade but i think we will not know who really won this trade for at least 7-8 years from now...  Miller having a career year is great but if the Canucks don't make the playoffs ... i think the trade sucks.

Its a conditional pick so the Canucks can miss the playoffs draft another stud and make the playoffs next year. AND we get a fantastic player in Miller in his prime.

The trade does not suck, it has the potential to suck if we miss the playoffs 2 years in a row but we're already battling for a playoff spot now. Not worried about it coming to that at this point.

Edited by canuck73_3