The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, FijianCanuck said:

Come back soon eagle. Jt money love the guy

I actually have liked Fantenberg's game.  I'll welcome Edler with open arms though.  

What an entertaining game in front of a great home crowd.  Loved the cheering by the Canucks' fans tonight.  

A Grade for me tonight: Roussel, Leivo, Myers, Hughes, JT Miller 

B Grade: Virtanen, Horvat, Pearson, Demko, Benn, Ferland 

As for the rest, my only comment is that I would like to see Elias and Brock split up.  They're both in a funk and I would like to see them split up and Boeser put on a line with more straight forward guys like Gaudette or Horvat.  

Fantenberg is a great 7th d-man.  Even when Eddie comes back, I'd like to see Oscar rotated in every second game.  Stecher has been good but could sit out every fourth game and I think that we'll get more out of Edler if we give him a game off here and there.  

Schaller has been a little subpar lately and has made Green's decision a little easier when Sutter or Motte come back from injury.  I'd say our number 1 priority is fixing our PK at the moment.  

Onwards and upwards! 

Just now, DeNiro said:

I think everyone can see the importance of Edler to this team. 

Our pk is just not the same. We’re getting pinned in our end way too much as well.

To be fair that happened with Edler. I really, really think it's just the coaching style. It's been that way all season to just give the opposing team free real estate to set up.

• Thanks 1

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

I don't know about that.

Always easy to blame the goalie, but the checking issues were almost none existent at times

I’m a goalie and I’m not blaming him I’m just speaking from what I saw. He didn’t look confident in net. At the end of the day some of those ref calls were brutal and created a lot of momentum for Buffalo. 4th line wasn’t the greatest either but the Canucks still deserved the win

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Boeser with 2 secondary assists, but was invisible the whole game. 

It's going to be impossible to convince people that he's playing poorly when they'll just say "But look at his PointzZZzzZz!!".

Boeser was fine!!!  he makes mistakes just like everyone on our team!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Adversity's our middle name.

Bring it, refs.  That all you've got?

Hopefully Bo will slap a shot that ricochets around the boards and hits you in the butt some day.  Where your brains are safely stored away and brought out only on special occasion.

I'm sick of horrible officiating but, sadly, used to it.   What the hell were the Sabres whining about?  

They finally got called for one of their numerous infractions. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

A lot less cross ice passes get through with Edler back there.

i don’t think you can discount the calming veteran presence he brings back there.

For sure. Also his league leading shot blocks. Not sure if he still is leading the league but at the very least Tanev and Eagle are in the top 5/6 for blocked shots. But we could survive without him with a better system.