The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, logic said:

Love that the boys were able to pull out the win but it worries me how we cant defend a lead to save our lives, I know we're a young team but this trend needs to stop if we want to make the playoffs. I love that we can score but we need to be able to win 3-2 or 2-0 every now and then as well.

November was a tough month for us, in December the schedule is in our favour and we need to go on a run and gain some ground for a top 3 spot in the pacific.

It would help if they didn't try to sit on leads by collapsing in front of their own net. If they do manage to touch the puck it's either icing or just chipping it out and changing. Repeat til lead gone. 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Every team needs a Frenchie to get the other teams pissed off.  We went to the cup when we supplemented Burrows with Lapierre....  so what I'm getting at is that as soon as we get one more pain-in-the-behind Frenchie, we're going to the Finals!  :) 

Burrows as assistant coach... :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

At the game, lost my voice screaming after that OT goal!

Man, the crowd sounded great on TV tonight.  Loved all the singing to the 80s songs on the 80s' night! Cheers! 

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

It would help if they didn't try to sit on leads by collapsing in front of their own net. If they do manage to touch the puck it's either icing or just chipping it out and changing. Repeat til lead gone. 

Our team is at its best playing high energy end-to-end hockey, not skating around in a box trying to defend. Its like as soon as the boys get a lead Green tells them to stop trying to score

Anyone notice (I haven't read all of the pages) that all of the Canuck's goals tonight were scored by players that Benning traded for. Seems that, as well as drafting well, he is improving in the trading department. By the way Roussel is on pace for 123 goals over an 82 game season, and Miller is on pace for 35 or 36 goals!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The Leafs?

Never heard of them, any good?

Anyone told them that's not how you spell the plural of 'Leaf'? 

&^@#in grammar police in here :picard:

Sorry, we play the Leaves next. That doesnt look ridiculous at all 

image.png.4583e10ead503443f44ee5cfb403ff66.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You don't excel at takeaways with a low hockey IQ, you just don't. 

I see your point. I think his speed helps a lot in the regard. His takeaways often come on the backcheck when players dont realize how quickly he can gain on them. The lack of hockey IQ I've noticed from him in the past has come specifically with how he uses his linemates and he's been specifically better in that regard as of late.

Edited by Yung1
  • Upvote 1