The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Jayinblack said:

I've always wondered why PP success is based on goals/PPs instead of being based on amount of PP time.   Just seems that would be a way better indicator of potency, whether you had a PP that only lasted seconds, or you score early in them, etc.

Very true. Our only other power play was split between periods, and had the first period been 10 seconds longer, I'm pretty sure we would have scored.

People saying we outplayed them wtf are you smoking? Outshooting means nothing

if none of the shots are dangerous, we were tentative and we were outplayed all game.

The leafs could have had 3-4 more goals you are fools if you think otherwise. We 

were soft and easy to push around all. night. long. I honestly thought we got our

water bottles spiked with a tranquilizer or something and horvat was the worst 

of all the players. Sooo many un reliable players right now. Lievo is the king of 

those players get his azz off this team.

Edited by Shirotashi
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 6
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Need a fake scanner. If you see a Leafs fans, use one of them and tell them their ticket fake.

End of the day though, lower the price of lower bowl seats and real Canuck fans will start attending more games.

J-dog, you're not a business major are you?

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, b3. said:

That third goal needs to be stopped! Especially when the other guy stops three breakaways without breaking a sweat.

Ha.

How many times has Marky stood on his head this year/Won us games single handedly.

Tavares was left alone in the slot. No one even pressured him when he had the puck. Just half a$$ed pokechecks. Its TAVARES in the SLOT. And you're blaming Markstrom?

Our top guns just didn't put the puck in the net. Not many game will be won, or go into OT when we score 1 stinkin' goal.

• Cheers 1

We need to ditch this 'sit back & contain' defensive strategy. It will get us nowhere. We allow talented teams to extend offensive zone time when we do this. I like Green alot as a coach, but this needs to be fixed ASAP.

You can't allow players like Malkin, Mackinnon, McDavid, Rielly, Marner, exc. to have extended time + space with the puck, you just can't. Get right at them, force them to do something quickly.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Worst part of the game was listening to the Leafs Chants.... That really sucked... Whats with the home crowd? Can't they out shout the leaf fans or are the fans to un-invested in the team to bother? Disappointing....

Seems like the Canuck fans sold there tickets to the Laffs fan - I hope and if so then our fans win !

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Squamfan said:

markstorm sucks

Show some respect. The man just lost his father, still lots on his mind. And he was the reason why we won some of the games we don't deserve this season. It goes both ways. Tonight we played a game we deserve to win but we didn't/

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Worst part of the game was listening to the Leafs Chants.... That really sucked... Whats with the home crowd? Can't they out shout the leaf fans or are the fans to un-invested in the team to bother? Disappointing....

One thing with Canuck fans (and for fans of other Canadian teams) is that they don't cheer for encouragement, they need something to get the cheers going. A goal, a big save, big hit etc. I was at the home opener when the Canucks pumped in 8 goals and the entire building was buzzing the whole night. Perhaps this mindset needs to change. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2