The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

No we did not you didnt watch the game. The shots they had were almost never dangerous maybe 4-5 awesome

chances. Even the breakaways were limp di ck. Absolute trash game all game long.

Hmm, I swear I did? :o

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shirotashi said:

People saying we outplayed them wtf are you smoking? Outshooting means nothing

if none of the shots are dangerous, we were tentative and we were outplayed all game.

The leafs could have had 3-4 more goals you are fools if you think otherwise. We 

were soft and easy to push around all. night. long. I honestly thought we got our

water bottles spiked with a tranquilizer or something and horvat was the worst 

of all the players. Sooo many un reliable players right now. Lievo is the king of 

those players get his azz off this team.

I think Andersen was in our head. But we did have alot of quality scoring chances, Boeser especially will have nightmares. 2 Breakaways, Bo had a breakaway in the third, Boeser has point blank chances, our defense created some good tip opportunites. exc.

We had some good chances considering we only got 1 PP. Andersen was just the difference plain & simple. The Leafs chances weren't much better. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

We could of scored 5-7 goals if it wasn't for Freddy A.

Stopped 4 breakaways, a few great chances on our first PP and bunch of deflections.

Andersson is by far the only reason we lost. Although we did look bad at parts of the 2nd and start of the 3rd, we vastly outplayed them the rest of the game. Andersson is a beast

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

We need to ditch this 'sit back & contain' defensive strategy. It will get us nowhere. We allow talented teams to extend offensive zone time when we do this. I like Green alot as a coach, but this needs to be fixed ASAP.

You can't allow players like Malkin, Mackinnon, McDavid, Rielly, Marner, exc. to have extended time + space with the puck, you just can't. Get right at them, force them to do something quickly.

Only way for them to realize, the deficiencies is to keep losing because of it...

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

People saying we outplayed them wtf are you smoking? Outshooting means nothing

if none of the shots are dangerous, we were tentative and we were outplayed all game.

The leafs could have had 3-4 more goals you are fools if you think otherwise. We 

were soft and easy to push around all. night. long. I honestly thought we got our

water bottles spiked with a tranquilizer or something and horvat was the worst 

of all the players. Sooo many un reliable players right now. Lievo is the king of 

those players get his azz off this team.

So controlling the play off the game and spending a lot more time in their O-zone is not outplaying them? Go cry about it mate. Good game

I like Pearson but he’s been making selfish plays all season. If he made that pass back to the dman rather than taking that bad, sharp angle shot the Leafs don’t go back the other way and score.

Maybe I’m reaching on this one, but that’s how I saw it today.

As much as I hate losing the Laughs, at the end of the day, they are an Eastern Conference team. Strategically speaking, the weekend games are more of the "Must-Win" games for the Canucks. However, I do share the same emotional hatred towards the Laughs that whenever we lose to them it felt like we got eliminated from a playoffs series. Onto the next one.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Apricot said:

I hate the Leafs

I hate this team (I dont)

I hate Tavares

I hate Toronto

I hate hockey

I hate everything

Goodnight. 

I love the passion - trust me I mostly agree - you have to drop the 2 in bold - we'll get them - hell we've beat them - see 1994 playoffs.  Sorry you're stuck in TO - nice place to visit but I'd hate to live there.   Chin up - we got this in the long term.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Darius said:

People get on BB when they lose , his shot isn’t as lethal as we have seen no doubt. 

But what about EP? Be nice to get some 5v5 dominance from him.  Taboo subject I know. 

but if you wanna pick on one why is the other immune from criticism?

both players are young, they will be ok. We r lucky to have both. 

they got saves at critical times .. we didn’t.  Bottom line 

Pettersson had some chances where he could've fired right away 5 on 5 but held on for a second. Its like he was indecisive. I think maybe he's still looking for the perfect play & doesn't trust the 'put pucks on net & see what happens' mindset you sometimes need to have.

For Boeser I think his shot is still good, maybe its just confidence, seems like he's taking an extra second to get his shot off (aim?) when back in his rookie year it was just head up & rifle it.

They did both get there chances tho, Petey still hit a post & Boeser will have nightmares. They shouldn't be immune from criticism but they are still learning.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

One thing with Canuck fans (and for fans of other Canadian teams) is that they don't cheer for encouragement, they need something to get the cheers going. A goal, a big save, big hit etc. I was at the home opener when the Canucks pumped in 8 goals and the entire building was buzzing the whole night. Perhaps this mindset needs to change. 

Cheers bro... definitely...

The team always easier to sing / shout, when the team is on a roll, but tonight the team could really have been done with the fans showing their support... 

Maybe mindset as you say, but at 1-0 and in particular 2-1 they could have been done with the support. 

Would have though hearing the Leafs fans shout, would be enough to get the  Nux fans out of their chairs and counter...a la" this is our building, this is our home"...

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

People get on BB when they lose , his shot isn’t as lethal as we have seen no doubt. 

But what about EP? Be nice to get some 5v5 dominance from him.  Taboo subject I know. 

but if you wanna pick on one why is the other immune from criticism?

both players are young, they will be ok. We r lucky to have both. 

they got saves at critical times .. we didn’t.  Bottom line 

Ehh Petey's a lot more dynamic and can make a difference if he isn't potting it into the net. His playmaking alone is world class IMO and effort 200 feet is always displayed. He tends to almost always make good/smart plays

If Boeser big attribute is his scoring ability. He isn't nearly as dynamic. He was ice cold this game. Hopefully he is able to turn it around. If he keeps getting chances like he did tonight then I am confident he will