Canucks Community

Ideas If We CRASHED Into January?

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

On 12/11/2019 at 5:31 PM, coastal.view said:

um

well if what you project is realized

and i think you are being exceedingly pessimistic

why not just project they loose 10 games in a row?

then the facts as i see them are as follows:

team talent is much better then last season

the d is much more solid and clearly improved and goals against are down

miller was obtained and the offense is producing more then last season

team has been healthier this season so far then last

yet the team is performing no better then last season???

how can that be?

since it is not a roster talent issue, as that is clearly improved

then it has to be a coaching issue

and i'd turf green

find a replacement coach who would work with this existing roster

only players that should be considered moveable at or before the tdl

are loui and any player who might be a ufa this offseason

so marky must resign before tdl or be moved

same with tanev

and both need to sign team friendly deals

i think people are over reacting

nucks have a lot of home games to play this month still

and i cannot see them having 38 points at the end of the year

i think they will maintain a point pace of 4 to 6 points higher then games played

oh wait

it looks like i was too optimistic

and my suggestion that the author of this thread was exceedingly pessimistic

might simply be wrong

nucks are failing and flailing at the rate suggested in this thread

i am surprised to have to acknowledge this only 1 week later

Edited by coastal.view

I looked at our schedule ahead and I don't have a good feeling about it.
We could easily find ourselves in the midst of a bad losing streak if we don't find an extra gear and some more heart.
Everyone is ramping up and we seem to be slowing down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This sounds kind of negative but seeing how the team is having so much trouble winning 4 games every 7.

I hope they are out of it early in the year because March is unreal tough. based on current play they win only 6 of these.

16 games in 30 days starting off with one of 4, four, back to backs.

They better be in a playoff spot by 8 points at the minimum by the TDL if Benning sells off more of the future to save his job.

1 minute ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

This sounds kind of negative but seeing how the team is having so much trouble winning 4 games every 7.

I hope they are out of it early in the year because March is unreal tough. based on current play they win only 6 of these.

They better be in a playoff spot by 8 points at the minimum by the TDL if Benning sells off more of the future to save his job.

Do GMs, who sell out their teams, get another GM job?  

You WIN at least 4 games of the next 6(taking us to 41 gp..mid-season), or you start selling. I'd like to see Tanev dealt quickly, before he gets hurt.

- With Tree, Rafferty & Woo, there's potential at RhD to cover his loss next fall

- Tanev's subtraction should help us obtain 1 more high 1st(I mean we should fall down standings more..rendering a higher pick)

- He's been a great soldier(brave). If a contender like TBay could utilize his D-prowess, then why not? CT deserves a solid shot at glory.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

Do GMs, who sell out their teams, get another GM job?  

All the time, as Bonus stated, he was glad to coach a team that didn't tank for a change like most teams do. Sometimes the tank shows that the franchise is more important than the job, shows strong leadership, evaluation and decision making abilities.

Jim's job has been easy, he really only has to work about 2 months, because the team is capped out he can't work on trades, a built in excuse. He doesn't work hard to negotiate contracts, pretty much give what the agent works out a lot of times that includes a clause, extra term or more than market salary. Looking at the draft day footage he isn't much involved with who the players are sometimes.

The team should keep an open ear to any trade offers because they still are only one player away from not winning, this group pretty much has to 100% healthy to have a chance nightly. If a team offered a high draft pick and a backup goalie it might not be a bad idea to start grooming DiPietro and Demko for the future, save some cap space and have a goalie to expose in the Seattle draft.

But really tank talk should be around February 20th or so if they are still 8 points out of a wild card, it doesn't look like they are in for a top three finish unless one of those teams falls apart or tanks early to get the better trade offers.

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Half of CDC right now?(Green gone) mob stepping back quietly... 

8F82DA22-3F8E-47AC-8FAE-E38AA10C12A5.gif.339b9e24235cae1fa6bef3d9e752dfb9.gif

could be a lot worse, I don’t “like” Green that much, don’t like the push back sometimes. I believe that is one job a coach has to do, rally them back there keeping it clean is one thing but a massive roll over can be dangerous. Even the last game we were on the edge of being hit and hurt on the boards from clean hits (all almost). We had push back but they looked hesitant to do it. We have a dozen guys now capable of playing harder in these moments. But overall Greens keeping it a float. But I do agree this has been a bad two months with few good games. Good period here and there also on top those few good full games but Markys keeping us in some we should be in too. there should be constant changes for this club for a couple more years at least. Coaching included Imo. 

9 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

All the time, as Bonus stated, he was glad to coach a team that didn't tank for a change like most teams do. Sometimes the tank shows that the franchise is more important than the job, shows strong leadership, evaluation and decision making abilities.

Jim's job has been easy, he really only has to work about 2 months, because the team is capped out he can't work on trades, a built in excuse. He doesn't work hard to negotiate contracts, pretty much give what the agent works out a lot of times that includes a clause, extra term or more than market salary. Looking at the draft day footage he isn't much involved with who the players are sometimes.

The team should keep an open ear to any trade offers because they still are only one player away from not winning, this group pretty much has to 100% healthy to have a chance nightly. If a team offered a high draft pick and a backup goalie it might not be a bad idea to start grooming DiPietro and Demko for the future, save some cap space and have a goalie to expose in the Seattle draft.

But really tank talk should be around February 20th or so if they are still 8 points out of a wild card, it doesn't look like they are in for a top three finish unless one of those teams falls apart or tanks early to get the better trade offers.

I think the smartest thing for the future is to trade Marky, if Demko doesn’t have constant health issues I think he will be better eventually, Def need a good pick and a decent back up till Dipietro is ready because that may be another two years glad he’s made improvements but.. still a ways not fair for Demko to take on 50 games right away

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2019 at 5:08 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

You WIN at least 4 games of the next 6(taking us to 41 gp..mid-season), or you start selling. I'd like to see Tanev dealt quickly, before he gets hurt.

- With Tree, Rafferty & Woo, there's potential at RhD to cover his loss next fall

- Tanev's subtraction should help us obtain 1 more high 1st(I mean we should fall down standings more..rendering a higher pick)

- He's been a great soldier(brave). If a contender like TBay could utilize his D-prowess, then why not? CT deserves a solid shot at glory.

Tanev has to go for sure when healthy, I love the guy but you gotta sell high, he’s never been tradable in the last five years and you simply cannot keep everyone. He’s a rare piece we can cash in on. We got Edler one more year to help out top moms, Myers now gotta keep the puzzle moving or we won’t capitalize on anyone simply out of emotions? Big mistake. Fantegburg has been a surprise, Rafferty also, maybe tryamkin back end of Feb. adds of Benn and Myers now is the time to trade Tanev ( this year) just playing with fire eh how long you wait

Edited by Rick_theRyper
  • Cheers 1

On 12/19/2019 at 4:16 PM, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Flipping through my kids Canuck calendar beginning of the season I though we’d be doing a lot better now, December was supposed to be a good month spaced out games at home. I agree here March might not look good

11 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Flipping through my kids Canuck calendar beginning of the season I though we’d be doing a lot better now, December was supposed to be a good month spaced out games at home. I agree here March might not look good

Unfortunately AFTER the trade deadline, hopefully a stupid fan takes charge, one that realizes that if the team is even just in a playoff spot, that going 4 and 0 in the playoffs at the cost of another 1rst and more hurts the team and the fan base.

March is so bad they could even be up by 4 points, the frequency of the games makes even a small injury, a week, to the wrong player, a disaster.

They will need more than 69 points by February 29 to be an outside bubble team but they would need more than 23 points in March and three other teams to falter.

some of the best TDL deals come to fruitation the following season.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 4:23 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'm hoping for an open-ended thread, that'll lend itself to ideas, input & discussion on the team's rebuilding pace. Unsure if there's appetite for it, but here's the hypothetical:

Dec becomes an absolute drag(2-7, last 9 games)..& we stumble/fumble into 2020 w/38 pts, in 40 games. All skaters stay at about the pt % they're currently on. Edler is back in mid, late Jan, maybe only Ferland is LTIR.

(pls accept these given^ variables, for ease of thread debate/discussion). Then I'd like to hear from any/all posters, your ideas for the season's 2nd half, if this(or fairly close) were to transpire. A few that I can start off with:

1- We're NOT gonna pull a StLoo. for anyone who might point back to that. No, our key guys would still be simply too young.

2- So do you trade some value/key guys, to collect picks AND stealth-tank? I feel this would be a very fair question/idea.

3- Sign Jacob? Trade him? Keep status-quo w/our tandem?

4- What to do about the head coach? Is he down to wks/season-end?

5- Focus more returns(from deals) on youth to help Comets? EG: More young prospects in return, than picks?

*****some random opinions*****

I'd like Tram back in black. A 3 or 4 yr deal, around 10-12 mill should entice. I'd trade Tanev & maybe the Big Tuna. For these types, a 2nd & prospect probably is worthwhile.

Maybe move Benn to RhD-side? Let's try some of our depth, young D in 2nd half, especially Sautner & Brisebois. What do we REALLY have in these young players?

If they implode..who cares? 2020 1st just keeps inching higher. Rafferty is debatable(he's really styling down there..maybe let him run w/it). OJ needs time, so don't rush him.

- accept some 2021 picks(instead of 2020) if you can upgrade the rounds, for some of our fwds, say. Patience

- Let's roll the dice more with youth in the 2nd half. DON'T recall kids, just so they make the F***ing coffee.

- Trade some vets, & sign some college kids(Lockwood, Madden, Rathbone)

We'll still have lots of vets in 2020-21(Edler, Myers, JT, Beags, etc...), but I think it's time that over half our roster SHOULD be guys under 25. Roll with it(the good & bad) & just let them GROW together.

What’s the Hypothetical on a Division Title?. Games in hand and second in Div coming out December. :frantic:

• Cheers 1