The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canes @ Nucks Dec 12, 2019 - 7pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

4 minutes ago, fecklund said:

This is ALL coaching.
We've all seen this story before.... the team is wasting wayyyyyy too much energy doing not much of anything. 

"Playing hard" doesn't do any good if you're just running around without any proper direction or purpose. In fact,more often than not, it ends up causing (*COUGH) injuries.

Carolina is a better team then Vancouver.  

I know it may be hard to acknowledge as a fellow Canucks fan, but it's the truth.  

They beat the champions in Washington Capitals, then they swept the NY Islanders, before losing to the Bruins.  Carolina is a much much better team then Vancouver right now. 

Holy smokes this team has absolute no heart. Guy gets hit after the horn and what are they doing giving the Canes player &^@#ing high fives. My fault for thinking this team could be different.

Also our star player need to step it up. Pretty discouraging when our top lines have been inconsistent on 5on5 goals. Need to stop relying on the PP to get goals.

Petey need to be stronger as well, stop going down so easy man. 

Games like this just make me feel like we are still four five years away from being a real team, been happening too often recently.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

I know it may be hard to acknowledge as a fellow Canucks fan, but it's the truth.  

They beat the champions in Washington Capitals, then they swept the NY Islanders, before losing to the Bruins.  Carolina is a much much better team then Vancouver right now. 

They can't be, they're too young to be good...

Just now, ruilin96 said:

Hurricanes implements a very good system in suppressing the opponent's shots on goals as well as quality shots on goal. They also have a lot of shots themselves. I hope the Canucks can take some notes from their system and see if we can put something similar in place here.

Canucks don’t aggressively forecheck, they collapse into markstrom in hopes he makes a save. Green runs a weak system. We are a very predictable team. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Holy smokes this team has absolute no heart. Guy gets hit after the horn and what are they doing giving the Canes player &^@#ing high fives. My fault for thinking this team could be different.

Also our star player need to step it up. Pretty discouraging when our top lines have been inconsistent on 5on5 goals. Need to stop relying on the PP to get goals.

Games like this just make me feel like we are still four five years away from being a real team, been happening too often recently.

Tough to disagree. 

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Lots of flopping. Break them up.

"What do you think about Markstrom's play?"  

Hahaha come on, get this guy away from the intermission interviews.  These questions are so predictable. 

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I don't disagree but I'm talking about how this team is playing regardless of it's opposition, and certainly it's been the rule not the exception since basically the beginning of November.
It's a disturbing trend because over that period of time, we HAVE been healthy (or pretty much so), and it hasn't made much of a difference.

I guess what I'm saying is, this team has a way to go yet, but they should be noticeably better than they are right now. But they aren't. 

Edited by fecklund