The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Guillaume Brisebois, assign Jalen Chatfield to Comets

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

My personal take on this is, the Canucks want to have someone around as a 7th D, and they are mixing it up so that different guys are getting rewarded, and the benefit of some time with the main team and better overall training staff.

Unless someone else goes down to injury, my guess would be that in a couple of weeks, Brisebois gets returned back to the Comets and Rafferty gets called up for some time up here.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Solid season with the Comets. 11 points for a defensive d-man, or at least that was the book I had on him in Junior. He had 11 points in 49 games last season. So he is getting better and better at least in point production. Would like to see him slot in at some point.

Yeah, he's more of a defensive D. Chris Tanev-like.

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats how I see him too, and its a good thing imo. He's got a good calming influence on his partners. Always liked this pick a lot. 

With you on this Jimmy,  I’ve been looking forward to seeing him a little more with us this year.

He is one of those players whose curve is gradual but steady and heading in the right direction.

GB bought into the process of development That JB is establishing here, and GB is making the best of it.

With the right partner GB will look solid.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

With you on this Jimmy,  I’ve been looking forward to seeing him a little more with us this year.

He is one of those players whose curve is gradual but steady and heading in the right direction.

GB bought into the process of development That JB is establishing here, and GB is making the best of it.

With the right partner GB will look solid.

its funny, he's just 22. Seems like he's been with us forever but he was drafted at 17. 

• Upvote 3

So, next year, you may have 4 defenseman ready for graduation...…..

Brisebois, Chatfield, Rafferty, Juolevi

So, in the big picture, Benning needs to know which ones to keep

He needs to know who which ones to keep......before the TDL

But still it's on going, through out the season, for the same reason

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its funny, he's just 22. Seems like he's been with us forever but he was drafted at 17. 

JB preeching paitence, and development and less emphasis on an 18-19-20 yr old being instantly NHL ready by just adding water and stirring.

Not a bad thing to have a great interest in College players in men’s bodies already..

Considering, it seems Dahlen felt privileged to be in the NHL asap,  is it any real wonder why he didn’t work out?

I appreciate a true “farm” system,  nice to have players who appreciate it even more.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Solid season with the Comets. 11 points for a defensive d-man, or at least that was the book I had on him in Junior. He had 11 points in 49 games last season. So he is getting better and better at least in point production. Would like to see him slot in at some point.

Brisebois was mostly paired with Rafferty - which probably helped Brisebois’ offence (and Rafferty’s defence). Brisebois is a bog, strong guy, a good skater, and reads the game well. He doesn’t walked, but then he also doesn’t make the great passes that Rafferty and Juolevi do.

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's why I don't get it, if Stecher is out. Why not try Rafferty who's also a right handed shot? 

I think that neither will play so instead of having one guy sitting idle for a month, they’d rather break it up and also reward multiple guys with the NHL paycheque