The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

KES JUICE PODCAST TREND

Rate this topic

Squamfan

Great memories!  Love what they had to say about teaching the kids' respect for the game, as well as their views on the coaching scandles.  Their love for the team shines through and it isn't hard to see the character and great friendships throughout the team.  Still watching the team nowadays speaks volumes.

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Kes was my favourite player, I've never really hated him. The team was a mess I definitely don't blame him for wanting out.

Handcuffing our options? Not ideal but he did earn that NTC by signing a team friendly contract, which allowed us extra cap room to build a contender. 

Lying about wanting out? Not a good look. Won't defend it but I give him a pass b/c he was my fav & a great Canuck. 

I know many disagree, just my personal perspective. He was a warrior here & gave us his best years. His body is in pieces now so I don't just glance past that. 

Kesler should have been traded at the deadline that year. Bob Murray even admitted he offered more at the deadline but ownership nixed that deal. Gillis wanted rebuilding pieces while reportedly ownership wanted pieces that could help the team immediately. Hence we ended up with Bonino, Sbisa and a 1st. I don't hate Kesler, he was looking out for himself, its too bad this organization didn't do the same. Kesler expected to be moved at the deadline, I imagine he was probably more flexible then as well. When we forced him to wait it out, he had to sell a story to the media, while he was put into an awkward position to play out ~20 games with a locker room that likely knew he had one foot out the door. His demands became a whole lot more rigid in the summer perhaps out of spite. Knowing what we know now, he had 3 good years left, and our indecision probably cost him one. Also completely agree with your last line, he gave his best years for this club and left when it was clear our window had been shut. If people hate Kesler then they must absolutely loathe Luongo, who left us saddled with a recapture penalty rather than assets. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Kes was my favourite player, I've never really hated him. The team was a mess I definitely don't blame him for wanting out.

Handcuffing our options? Not ideal but he did earn that NTC by signing a team friendly contract, which allowed us extra cap room to build a contender. 

Lying about wanting out? Not a good look. Won't defend it but I give him a pass b/c he was my fav & a great Canuck. 

I know many disagree, just my personal perspective. He was a warrior here & gave us his best years. His body is in pieces now so I don't just glance past that. 

Same. Kesler played his balls off when he was here. Always stuck up for his team. He had an NTC which he took in lieu of more money and chose to use it when the time came. I didn’t like it when he elbowed Dorsett in the head, but outside of that never thought he was an ass for wanting out. 

• Cheers 4

I look forward to seeing what they can come up with. Juice def has a career in broadcasting if he wants it, he's always been good on radio and he's got charisma and humour. 

I was upset when Kes left how he did but I've long let go of that. Kesler was my favourite Canuck for years, he was a big piece of what was probably our most talented team ever. He left everything on the ice and gave it everything he had. He could be frustrating at times, but most players can be. 

He could be prickly, he could be a douche. But he was our douche. I still like Kes, I'm glad he was able to gut it out and make it to 1000 games. 

• Upvote 1

Kes, Bieksa, Burr never get a combo like that again.

All of them played there hearts out for the Nucks, especially Kesler. Still love Kesler, stick up for his team, splayed with an edge and carried us in Playoff games. Always a Canuck to me.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3