The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

12 plays that showcase every facet of Elias Pettersson's skill set

Rate this topic

cuporbust

30 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Just a great player and always wants to win. Thank you, Thomas gradin, JB and co. They are building an amazing team that is still very young. We have some great years of Canucks hockey ahead of us. 

Set up JB and co to look really good on this one as Pettersson was not the consensus pick when we went up. At the time , Pettersson was considered a much riskier pick then Glass. I always take draft day off and watch the first two rounds , and usually spend quite a bit of time looking into the top 62 players . I remember all the angry posts when it was rumored that the canucks were big on him and brought him in for a second interview. Looks pretty good when u surprise the draft floor and hit s home run . Boeser was another. Most wanted N Merkley.  

Edited by cuporbust
  • Upvote 1

On 12/14/2019 at 5:33 PM, cuporbust said:

Set up JB and co to look really good on this one as Pettersson was not the consensus pick when we went up. At the time , Pettersson was considered a much riskier pick then Glass. I always take draft day off and watch the first two rounds , and usually spend quite a bit of time looking into the top 62 players . I remember all the angry posts when it was rumored that the canucks were big on him and brought him in for a second interview. Looks pretty good when u surprise the draft floor and hit s home run . Boeser was another. Most wanted N Merkley.  

This is probably because Benning just picked Juolevi over Tkachuk and ehlers and virtanen who’s gotten better but hasn’t shown the progress he was supposed to on top of a lot of other decisions, at the time no one knew what he would become, Benning saw the potential for sure but I doubt he even saw this and if you think he did then I think you’re giving him far too much credit beachside based on a lot of his moves, his reputation as a genius on here is a little overblown. And

you know that’s the truth.

• Wat 2

You actually think that? Of course JB knew at the draft Petey was a no brainer, his reaction said it all.. You just scored the MVP of Sweden, how would you react? Omg that's funny! C'mon.. personally, JV is starting to be consistent at the right time and he has a few mentors on the roster besides Bo and he's still not at his ceiling, you can look back and see through NHL history and see a lot of top talented players not peaking until 26+ for personal reasons but as long as Jake keeps maturing he will be brutal to play against.. and we need that kind of gritty scoring and hitting more than ever, the playoffs get rough..

• Cheers 1

I love EP as much as anyone but a team doesnt win unless you have an entire roster full of players that are buying in and playing as a team . I am at the point where I could not care less how many points EP, Boeser, Horvat, Jake, Hughes etc get as long as they win as a team and play the right way.