The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Dec. 14, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I like how Green handles himself, media and treats the players. I'd say I'm mostly a supporter. BUT....we can't just dump and chase with this many scoring weapons! We have the hockey IQ to lead the rush now. The game style really needs to change. As for the powerplay, SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS!!!!!!  Try something new on the PP...put Petey in Gretzky's office and see what he can do from there?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, 1-d said:

This team had 3 different coaching staff over the last 6 years but their problems always remain the same.  Hardly make a clean break out with the puck, not enough puck support in the offensive zone, give up too much open ice to the opposition in the neutral zone, not moving their feet and on and on.

Something tells me there are bigger chronic problems with this team than just calling for the coach's head.

You could not be more wrong partner.  This team was a rebuilding team for the past several years icing substandard talent.  This year they have the talent to be a playoff team. No more excuses. The problem now is coaching.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Hockey plays for three periods.  Just FYI.

Yes. The Canucks were horrific for one of those three periods. Hard to argue they deserve a better fate when they were terrible in a period which dramatically effects the outcome of the game. It was a throwaway period. Nothing good happened. 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It's the players and coaches.

If you're consistently having slow starts then no one is blameless.

Everyone needs to step up. We are healthy enough now. No more excuses.

The coach is ultimately responsible for how his team executes. If he has all of his players buying in you wouldn’t see this trend of slow starts.

This team is somehow still in the hunt. If Benning has any doubts about his coaching staff, he better pull the trigger sooner than later.

• Upvote 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

The coach is ultimately responsible for how his team executes. If he has all of his players buying in you wouldn’t see this trend of slow starts.

This team is somehow still in the hunt. If Benning has any doubts about his coaching staff, he better pull the trigger sooner than later.

I am not letting the coaching excuse the players play on the ice.

I am gonna hold them accountable as well.

No one should be happy with both because of the slow starts.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It's the players and coaches.

If you're consistently having slow starts then no one is blameless.

Everyone needs to step up. We are healthy enough now. No more excuses.

No. It's the coaching. We have 5 guys in the top 60 scoring in the league. Plus a rookie of the year candidate. Plus depth and good goaltending.

It is Green who is the problem.  When do you ever say hey, that game was well coached.  Green won us the game with some smart decisions. Right.  Virtually never.

Maybe you don't think coaching matters. I do.

• Upvote 2

A big part of the problem is that the d, QH aside, are a zero threat to generate anything from the blue line.  They kill the play let alone generate anything. They have hung all of their hopes on a phenom d man .. it’s worse now that edler is out. I’m worried they are going to exhaust the kid or make him more prone to injury. 

where are they going to get another point generating top 4 d man.  Not of qh calibre.. just a steady 30-40 point guy. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Deboer plsss

• Wat 1

9 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

This team is soooo disappointing. 

In October I thought the team took a step forward.

In December it looks like the same ole failure team.  I wonder when/if they will actually get better.

They will only get better when they stop playing like beer leaguers out of the gate.   

• Like 1