The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Van Vs Vegas @ 5pm PST on SN and SN650

Rate this topic

ItTakesAnArmy

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

I've been married twice and have watched this team since the late 70s when I was a little kid..... this game is nothing....

I have a wife and 3 kids and I was at the very first Canucks game and I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with anyone as much as I agree with you.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I know, but we’d be looking at a one goal game had he bared down and buried that.

And we would have won against Toronto if Boeser burried one or two of his. If Leivo doesn't get a pass then neither does Boeser. 

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Name an NHL player who hasn’t missed breakaway attempts :bored:

One of the worst arguments I’ve ever seen in my life lol :picard:

An "elite" goal scorer missing 3 breakaways in one period? I'm just stating if Leivo doesn't get a pass, neither does Boes 

• Wat 2

I love the fact that they split up Boeser and Elias.  Both of them have looked better in the last two games.  

Now if only Stecher and Benn could not get hemmed in in our zone on every shift, it'd be nice :) 

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

Saying this has been one of the worst teams in the league isn't an excuse. 

Bringing up records of this team past 2 years is entirely irrelevant lmao. 

Different team with different players at different parts of their career. 

And most of the issues i brought up, are irrelevant as to how "good" the team is. Over the course of Greens tenure, the Canucks consistently are not ready to play. They give up the first goal an incredible amount. Defensive zone coverage, regardless of the level of the team, is nearly non-existent. That is unacceptable. It's an NHL team. It's not Beer league. They've been dominated and lost to teams worse than them. The Devils have been just as bad if not worse. They've lost over 10 straight games to them. This team consistently getting dominated for periods and periods at length. Yet again, you don't need the "best" team to put for a good effort and not get dominated. 

Everyone thought the Islanders were done, dead to rights when Tavares left. Yet they are extremely competitive despite lacking talent. 

It's an excuse. You don't need to be better than "x" team to put a good effort. So frequently this teams efforts are bad. Too frequently.