The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Dec. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Seinfeld said:

Welp. It's not even Christmas and I'm starting to scoreboard watch to see if any of the teams below us in the standings win. 

This another failure of a season will be worth it if both Benning and Green are gonzo at the end of the season. 

I have no issues with JB

he failed with Loui but our drafting has resulted in alot of wins and Miller is a win. Schaller was not the best pickup but also not a massive cost. Ferland was the right thought but looks like damaged goods 

Myers is not a star but also not an overpayment 

Green can go at any time 

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'm good on DeBoer, Funny enough the fire Green crowd bring him up when the Sharks fan reaction about him was consistently being out coached... And that's with a much better roster than ours... :lol:

Hard to coach a team that’s run by veterans.

Not to mention goaltending was their problem. It was pretty obvious.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I can’t recall us ever changing a coach mid season while I’ve been a fan.

And definitely not with the team in the position it’s in now where it’s time to take another step.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I can’t recall us ever changing a coach mid season while I’ve been a fan.

And definitely not with the team in the position it’s in now where it’s time to take another step.

If Aquaman is expecting playoffs after spending all that cap room this summer, green will not last the season of this kind of play continues. Benning will need to make a change to try to save his own ass.

I think I now totally ran out of ideas as to why this team comes out flat night after night, after losing game after game because of that.

The coach always says they talked about it. The players always say they should play for full 60 minutes (It should be a banned phrase in Canucks postgame interviews btw). They were tired because it's the second game of b2b? Fatigue from traveling overnight? Please spare me. Time and time again I've seen other teams coming to Vancouver after playing the night before, on a 2-week road trip, and dominating our team who were well rested. Trying to cover up poor performances with fatigue is the lamest excuse .

We have 2 young elite players to build around as well as a couple of all-star level complementary pieces. So individually, we look good on paper and some of the players' stats are even awesome. As a team, they don't play like one too often and downright SUCKS way too often.  When you don't play as a 5-man unit on the ice the only way you go is down, rinse and repeat. 

So if these talented individuals are not playing as a team, where the heck is things go wrong?

I'm sure some CDC folks will be glad to hear this -- Let these coaches go, except for Clark and Malholtra . Not necessarily because they are bad (they could be, for all we know), but because it doesn't look like they are getting buy-ins from the players anymore. The sign has been on display on the ice for a month and a half now. Every coach has an expiry date with a team, whether he's good or bad.

At least then we'll know if coaching was the issue or if it's something more chronic. Either way, I'd feel better than pondering 'what if', puzzled and frustrated after every ugly loss like this one. 

Edited by 1-d
  • Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He's been an assistant in Columbus since 2014/15 under Torterella’s teaching. 

Torts is a two time winner of the Jack Adams Award, three is the record held by Pat Burns.

A lot of Vancouver fans don't like him, I do like many around the league, I love his passion.

This play is inexcusable from any nhl player let alone a six million dollar guy who has gotten line six points in half a season and he’s less goals then giddy and Hutton who play for la and Anaheim and mike five or six total sssists 

watch our six million dman this play is all over Twitter and it’s disgusting, thanks Benning 

https://twitter.com/BoestMode/status/1206415165312290816

http://BoestMode (@BoestMode) Tweeted: Everyone watch Tyler Myers (57), a defenceman, at the bottom of this frame.......no words #Canucks https://t.co/2svFCuHZkE

Edit- how do I share a video from twitter to this thread where you don’t have to click the link? (I’m on my iPhone)

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hard to coach a team that’s run by veterans.

Not to mention goaltending was their problem. It was pretty obvious.

He was also getting out coached in a lot of games I watched. The Sharks look much better under Boughner thus far.  I don't see DeBoer as anything but a band aid head coach at best for us. 

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

Torts is a two time winner of the Jack Adams Award, three is the record held by Pat Burns.

A lot of Vancouver fans don't like him, I do like many around the league, I love his passion.

I love Torts, his stint here was a disaster. Doesn't change the fact he is a good coach. 

I just didn't like his approach of staying in Point Roberts and letting Mike Sullivan run practices here. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He was also getting out coached in a lot of games I watched. The Sharks look much better under Boughner thus far.  I don't see DeBoer as anything but a band aid head coach at best for us. 

That team was getting outplayed because they’re past their prime and have bad goaltending.

Teams always play well with a new coach to start. We’ll see if that lasts. Either way they’re too good to keep losing forever.

DeBoer May be a band aid solution but I’d rather us try something than simply accept writing off a season (if the losing continues)

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I love Torts, his stint here was a disaster. Doesn't change the fact he is a good coach. 

I just didn't like his approach of staying in Point Roberts and letting Mike Sullivan run practices here. 

He may be doing the same thing in Columbus as he did in NY or TB, delegating with his staff who knows. Bottom line is the win column.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That team was getting outplayed because they’re past their prime and have bad goaltending.

Teams always play well with a new coach to start. We’ll see if that lasts. Either way they’re too good to keep losing forever.

DeBoer May be a band aid solution but I’d rather us try something than simply accept writing off a season (if the losing continues)

I'm a hard pass on DeBoer, not a fan. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

This play is inexcusable from any nhl player let alone a six million dollar guy who has gotten line six points in half a season and he’s less goals then giddy and Hutton who play for la and Anaheim and mike five or six total sssists 

watch our six million dman this play is all over Twitter and it’s disgusting, thanks Benning 

https://twitter.com/BoestMode/status/1206415165312290816

http://BoestMode (@BoestMode) Tweeted: Everyone watch Tyler Myers (57), a defenceman, at the bottom of this frame.......no words #Canucks https://t.co/2svFCuHZkE

Edit- how do I share a video from twitter to this thread where you don’t have to click the link? (I’m on my iPhone)

Ok, 2 things

#1...……….where is the forward that is suppose to be covering for him?

#2...……….That Psses me off seeing that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I'm a hard pass on DeBoer, not a fan. 

He’s not necessarily my top choice. I’m sure there’s other coaches out there I haven’t even thought of.

I just want a different voice for this team. A patient coach that preaches X’s and O’s and gets the most out of his players.