The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Dec. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Green doesn't get a free pass nowhere have I said he “gets a free pass” he's on the hook for his poor calls too, waiting too long for a timeout in Pittsburgh, not starting DiPietro after 2 tonight. 

I also don't agree he needs to be or has done anything so egregious that we need to rush to fire him either though.

Again, this is the first year we have a legitmate playoff threat team let's see if Green can see it through.

If not we get a great draft pick in a deep draft and can evaluate our coaching options in the off season. No need to panic. 

I wouldn’t say it’s rushing considering we’re almost halfway through the season.

I don’t like seeing our young players develop bad habits. If this year does in fact turn out to be a write off, I’d at least like our players to learn how to play a winning style. Not what we’ve seen for the past month or so.

• Upvote 1

I hate the fact that every time we face an oponent that checks high we run into serious problems. same when facing jets or canes. just cant get through with those important first passes from D to forward. U got to come up with another strategy to break through this....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I wouldn’t say it’s rushing considering we’re almost halfway through the season.

I don’t like seeing our young players develop bad habits. If this year does in fact turn out to be a write off, I’d at least like our players to learn how to play a winning style. Not what we’ve seen for the past month or so.

Green gets the year whether you like it or not. I would like an upgrade on Baumgartner though. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’s not necessarily my top choice. I’m sure there’s other coaches out there I haven’t even thought of.

I just want a different voice for this team. A patient coach that preaches X’s and O’s and gets the most out of his players.

What kind of a coach is Green?  So many are calling for his head.  I'm not so sure he is the problem but if a GM has to do something, anything, then he can fire his coach more easily than making trades.  It seems that a GM can fire the coach 1000X more easily than making a couple of deals.  

It's a really frustrating place the Canucks are in right now.  They seem to be much less of a team than they were a month or 6 weeks ago.  Is this part of the development of the team or is something seriously wrong?

This is rhetorical, no pressure :)

1 minute ago, Mrwipeout said:

I hate the fact that every time we face an oponent that checks high we run into serious problems. same when facing jets or canes. just cant get through with those important first passes from D to forward. U got to come up with another strategy to break through this....

I’m at the point where I’d rather see Brisebois in than Myers or Benn.

These two have been horrible for awhile now. Making the simplest outlet passes look difficult, not being able to stop cross ice passes, and getting caught deep in the offensive zone.

• Like 1
  • Wat 2

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Once again Green has this team unprepared to play at the start of the game...... once again trying to win after falling behind early....

Coaching ?

We had an ok first period overall. The second was bad you must not have watched. 

Benning can't wave a magic wand and get a trade. 

You have to give up something to get something?

Who are you willing to trade?

Leivo, Pearson and Schaller don't have a lot of value. 

At $6 million no one will touch Loui or Tyler. 

Maybe Sutter but he has to agree to waive. 

So unless you are willing to trade BB6 or Jake you aren't going to get much back. 

And moving one of those two players I'd say is a mistake. 

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Green doesn't get a free pass nowhere have I said he “gets a free pass” he's on the hook for his poor calls too, waiting too long for a timeout in Pittsburgh, not starting DiPietro after 2 tonight. 

I also don't agree he needs to be or has done anything so egregious that we need to rush to fire him either though.

Again, this is the first year we have a legitmate playoff threat team let's see if Green can see it through.

If not we get a great draft pick in a deep draft and can evaluate our coaching options in the off season. No need to panic. 

I agree don't panic, but if they miss the playoffs he has to go!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I’m at the point where I’d rather see Brisebois in than Myers or Benn.

These two have been horrible for awhile now. Making the simplest outlet passes look difficult, not being able to stop cross ice passes, and getting caught deep in the offensive zone.

Benn has had a rough stretch. I'm not sure if that play of Myers that was highlighted was the end of his shift or not on the Vegas goal but either way that was an awful effort if you can call it that by him. 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Benning can't wave a magic wand and get a trade. 

You have to give up something to get something?

Who are you willing to trade?

Leivo, Pearson and Schaller don't have a lot of value. 

At $6 million no one will touch Loui or Tyler. 

Maybe Sutter but he has to agree to waive. 

So unless you are willing to trade BB6 or Jake you aren't going to get much back. 

And moving one of those two players I'd say is a mistake. 

I don’t think the personnel is the problem, it’s the way they’re being deployed.

Myers and Benn are playing like bottom pairing guys right now and their minutes need to reflect that. I’d rather see Brisebois, Sautner, or Chatfield get their minutes right now they’ve been that bad.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Benn has had a rough stretch. I'm not sure if that play of Myers that was highlighted was the end of his shift or not on the Vegas goal but either way that was an awful effort if you can call it that by him. 

4 more years of Myers at 6 mil.... now that is one H of a stinky contract santa Jim gave out....

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2