The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Dec. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

4 more years of Myers at 6 mil.... now that is one H of a stinky contract santa Jim gave out....

I agree, I excited when we signed him but he gets pushed around by guys smaller then him and he is slow and always fake slap shots when he should just go for it 

20 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, I will put it this way.....if Benning seen that, he would want to know if Myers was gassed, or just did not care...…..

Then he would want to know why there wasn't a winger there

Then he would want to get to team chemistry 

I would bet by now, JB and FA are aware of the coaching issues, and have discussed any concerns, if they actually think there is any?????:sadno:

What on earth was Myers thinking when he engaged in a board battle behind the opposition's net?  That led to the 5th goal.

There is a frustrated player.  He looked to me like he didn't know what to do.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

What on earth was Myers thinking when he engaged in a board battle behind the opposition's net?  That led to the 5th goal.

There is a frustrated player.  He looked to me like he didn't know what to do.  

Did he kinda look like this?

Image result for a Very Puzzled Man

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

"We're a young team and I thought we had a good third. They're a tough team who plays fast hockey and they're tough to deal with." - Green

This quote from Green has me over thinking maybe a bit, but something tells me there's a hidden message in here for our GM.

Kind of weird for a coach to say we're a young team, but the other team is the fast team and hard to deal with, so basically this Canucks young team isn't as fast as them to deal with them then.... You would think the younger team would be the faster team, normally how it works. So is Green trying to send a message to Benning we aren't fast enough, we can't compete with fast teams even with a young team.....

long season ..very hard to give it like its a playoff game every game..but what i do see that can be done is change in game plan when team seems burnt out..would have started diepetro just to see where he is at and would of dressed a tougher grinding team...  the canucks are only 5 to 6 points out of the top and they are plus 5 for now...many teams are in the minus in this division....better team game plans and need to have more gritt in certain situations.

12 minutes ago, 6string said:

Last year we had an 8 game losing streak,  would Jim tolerate such a thing this year?

Well with our schedule coming up it’s not looking good.

Montreal (Price always plays well here)

Vegas (enough said)

Pittsburgh (Probably still in our heads)

Edmonton (could go either way)

L.A. (Playing much better)

Calgary (on fire lately)

This month could define our season and so far it’s not looking good.

• Upvote 1

We are a super young team led by rookies and teenagers etc. Everybody’s got to relax here. Vegas is a super strong team. We don’t have the experience guns to match up against teams like that right now. What the hell are y’all thinking we’re going to start beating teams this on a regular basis with first and second year players? These are the growing pains until these guys get two to four years under their  belts. deal with it

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Wasn't fond of the October extension.

A lot of us weren't.

It reminded me of rewarding my kids for studying hard the day before they flunk a test.

What had those two earned at the time of their extension? What had they achieved? More so than Eriksson, giving those two contract extensions has a negative effect on the team’s overall performance. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

It is not the coach

There is too much reliance on the kiddies for the scoring and there are not enough kiddies yet.

We got vets...they just dont score!! Schaller, Eriksucks, Sutter, Beagle all taking up roster spots and creating 0 offense along the way