The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Dec. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

All our best players are very young and have a lot to learn. To think that this club would automatically become a playoff team because of a few auditions is naive.  That is why they protected their first this year.

Our D still has some big holes. When Edler goes down it hurts. 

Hughes and Myers look good. Hughes is going to be a star in this league. Petey is still getting pushed off the puck too much. He will get stronger and a bit quicker. Star in the making. Fans should be excited about the long term. 

This would be a good year to win the lottery. You never know.

There is no long term anymore 

cap

elc contract runouts 

rfa

ufa 

player agents 

its a tight tight timeline now 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Finish the year with Green and see if he can turn this around, if he doesn't then go for Brad Larsen imo looking for a long term solution over a band aid. 

As stated, the problem is not our coach or player but rather the opponents coach and players.   

Joking aside, the on ice product is normally a result of the off ice preparations from the players to the coaches (in my opinion).  Now, which is easier to replace ?  But the fan needs to practice some patience to stay the course and hopefully it will lead to a top 3 pick in a loaded draft (JB has  never picked higher than fifth despite there record).  :picard: 

Still hoping for a playoff berth !
hope please GIF

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Would we have to give up a pick though if we wanted to hire him?

No.

That rule was changed after Canucks received a 2nd from CBJ for Torts hiring..

No more compensation for hiring a coach fired by another team but still time remaining on his contract.  DeBoer is signed thru next season with SJS just like Green with us.. so we can sign him cheap and SJS would pay the difference in salary upto their contract.. I think he made 3 mill per year. So if we hired him for 2 mill SJS would pay 1 mill. He still makes 3 mill.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

CONDITIONAL pick.... 

Also Miller is far from our problem...

Yes, but only on 2 years results.

Yes, of course Miller is a solid player... but why trade a first round pick for a guy that moves the club from 28th overall..... up to 22 nd overall........ ?

There are no shortcuts in this league..... draft and develop... draft and develop.....

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

I hear good things about Brad Larsen 

what scares me is we have blown it with the last 2 no nhl head coach experienced guys 

do we risk a third? 

He's been an assistant in Columbus since 2014/15 under Torterella’s teaching. 

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

I'd be content with replacing Baumer ASAP and seeing how that goes.

90% of our problems are in our own end.

I know I've bitched about Baujer a lot for the last few years, but IMO, the own zone mess is in him.

But maybe Green isn't being hard enough on Baumer... I dunno.

Dzone play has been real bad for years.

Our D would be better if we actually had a few top 4 D guys on the club....

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

No?

What don’t you like about the guy? 

Just new him back in school. Never really got along. 
Not knocking him as a player, leader or coach. I’ve always been curious as too exactly how he is regarded as a possible up and coming head coach. I know he did well as a head coach in the AHL. He probably deserves a shot.