The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Dec. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He's been an assistant in Columbus since 2014/15 under Torterella’s teaching. 

No I get that 

and I agree that some nhl experience is better than none

torts has always surrounded himself with good talent and has also developed coaching talent

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

All you have to do is watch them play.

Either there’s no system and they’re all just floating around out there, or there is a system and none of them are able or willing to play it.

Not that simple, bubble team and Vegas just came off a Finals appearance and should have been West finalists at the very least. They're also a big team which our group has struggled against.

This isn't a finished product yet and saying the coach doesn't have them on the same page is a cop out imo. Have some patience. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

No I get that 

and I agree that some nhl experience is better than none

torts has always surrounded himself with good talent and has also developed coaching talent

I don't like re-treads especially highly overrated Babs, boring Hitch, and according to shark fans consistently out coached DeBoer... 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'd be content with replacing Baumer ASAP and seeing how that goes.

90% of our problems are in our own end.

I know I've bitched about Baujer a lot for the last few years, but IMO, the own zone mess is in him.

But maybe Green isn't being hard enough on Baumer... I dunno.

Dzone play has been real bad for years.

Totally agree. Not sure why we don't have a more experienced top end D coach. Baumer is the first change if make..

• Cheers 4

Just now, John McClane said:

Just new him back in school. Never really got along. 
Not knocking him as a player, leader or coach. I’ve always been curious as too exactly how he is regarded as a possible up and coming head coach. I know he did well as a head coach in the AHL. He probably deserves a shot. 

Were you an Armstrong or a Vernon kid? 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Not that simple, bubble team and Vegas just came off a Finals appearance and should have been West finalists at the very least. They're also a big team which our group has struggled against.

This isn't a finished product yet and saying the coach doesn't have them on the same page is a cop out imo. Have some patience. 

It’s not just about this game. It’s been over a month that we’ve been getting outplayed or blowing leads in the majority of games.

Patience is one thing. Writing off an entire season when it’s obvious to everyone this formula isn’t working is just ridiculous.

Green has been given a great opportunity here but his time is coming to an end. I’m sure he’ll be hired as an assistant by another team. We need a coach with some real experience and maybe a championship under his belt.

• Upvote 3