The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Dec. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don't like re-treads especially highly overrated Babs, boring Hitch, and according to shark fans consistently out coached DeBoer... 

Hitch is only a “temp” ...even with the terrible oilers he was a temp 

I liked Gallant but that train left , I like Joel Q but that train left, 

peters was solid with the canes and Flames?  

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Are we fans and media going to run another coach out of town? 

And for what? Same as then. 

Are we gonna go another 50 years cupless? Green will never get us a cup, he’s cheap filler while we rebuild, we have a good foundation now, time for a good coach.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Are we fans and media going to run another coach out of town? 

And for what? Same as then. 

Run out of town? Dramatic much?

Welcome to the NHL. Coaches get fired all the time, it comes with the territory. 

Green has no more excuses now with this team. We’ve seen enough games to tell his systems or lack there of are not going to work here.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

"Vegas is a big team" 

Lol. Talk about cop outs.

IS our team small? Last I checked our forward group is pretty damn big. Good lord. Vegas is big! That's the reason this team can't show up for a game ready to play working on 3 years now! That's the reason the defensive zone coverage doesn't exist for 6 weeks working on 7! Because Vegas is big!

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

I have supported Green, but have hated Brown for a long time. Truth is though the same pattern is once again repeating itself, start out strong and fizzle out come November. It's the coaches job to motivate the troops as well as the team Captains. 

I don't think Horvat was the right choice for the C, he doesn't have the emotional attachment that a good captain requires. He might be amazing off the ice, involved in the community and an all around good guy, but I'm sorry that does not help you win hockey games.

You need passion, emotion, drive and frustration(anger) to fuel your own play and your teams, I don't see this in Horvat even though I really like the guy.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Totally agree. Not sure why we don't have a more experienced top end D coach. Baumer is the first change if make..

We are way too passive until the puck is kn the boards, only then will you see two Canucks anywhere close to the puck.

It's so frustrating to see an opposition Dman with no offensive flair given space to pass the puck, and not only that, we give him like 3 good options.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Thank you Falcons !!!! 

the Seahawks thank you 

Seahawks coaches are so creative and gutsy; aso, Wilson is clutch.  Not a fan but that team has been wining for awhile now...  Every game.they have a chance to win; wonder how Greens' relationship is towards the playmakers and leaders of the team ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Overall great effort from our boys tonight.  The in-game adjustments Green was making to counteract VGKs offensive  were top notch and his decision to put Virt on the PP was pure genius. Greens hockey IQ must be off the charts! I hope he wins coach of the year this year because he deserves it.  He's just such a good coach. Real gud.

• Haha 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

He is hence why I said after this season and zero chance Columbus lets him go during the season. 

i'd rather go after experience. His message may have gotten stale with a veteran group in SJ, but his resume speaks for itself.

2 cup appearance, commands respect that we need with a young core/team.

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Hitch is only a “temp” ...even with the terrible oilers he was a temp 

I liked Gallant but that train left , I like Joel Q but that train left, 

peters was solid with the canes and Flames?  

Quenneville and Gallant were never going to come to a rebuilding team. Writing was on the wall that Vegas was going to be competitive from the start and every big FA this offseason was linked to Florida. Q and Gallant were nothing more than wishful thinking. 

Peters, absolutely not with his history and the Flames quitting on him in less than a year and a half. No thanks. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not sure how that’s not fireable when you see what other teams are firing their coaches for.

My guess is that there are a bit too many reasons to have a longer rope right now: youth, injuries, new faces, young guys putting up decent numbers (Petey, Boeser, Hughes, Horvat, Virtanen, Gaudette). I'm just speculating, but I almost think that if the Canucks finish the season playing "meaningful" games in March and have a fast playing style and the young guys have good numbers, Green will be back and possibly get an extension.

• Upvote 1