The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Jalen Chatfield, assign Guillaume Brisebois to Comets

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Isn’t there a limit to how many call ups you get in a year?   
Maybe save a bit for when everyone is injured at the end of the year?

IIRC, the limit kicks in after the trade deadline.

I'm wondering if Myers was hurt against VGK.  At least that would explain some of the lack of jump and early in the game, it seemed like he might have been hurt.  Would also make more sense that the Canucks would want a RHD like Chatfield.

17 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I'm wondering if Myers was hurt against VGK.  At least that would explain some of the lack of jump and early in the game, it seemed like he might have been hurt.  Would also make more sense that the Canucks would want a RHD like Chatfield.

Might explain Myers, but doesn't explain the poor effort the rest of the team has been giving at times ... I say let the young guys play, the lack of results can't be worse than what we are getting now.  We'll also see very quickly whether the results are Green's fault or the fault of the players.  I still suspect Green and his minor league mindset is at fault, but who knows ....

never seen so many call ups but player never gets to play...this organization is bizarre now...you need to get some tough skilled hockey players..they can either play or not....too much this that...the nhl is going downhill ..too much bs drama ..i like the game cause its fast skilled and unpredictable...old school hockey is what got me hooked...this new gary betman hockey sure sucks..

2 hours ago, timberz21 said:

I think JB is a little short on Air Miles for his next vacation and he's swiping his card every time there is a recall.

...if at least one of them would have played a game, wouldn't be completely useless.

If the callups are viewed as injury replacements who are expected to be #7 and sit out unless there is another injury, it makes sense.  Prospects should be getting game action to develop.  Brisebois came up and sat and is now being sent back to Utica to get game action while Chatfield takes a turn mostly sitting.  Rafferty may get his turn as well but being newer to the professional game and apparently their best defensive prospect in Utica, the Canucks may want him getting continued game action. 

Leaving Breezy in Vancouver for long periods of time to sit and sit and sit would only make sense if they'd given up on him as a prospect.

In addition as has been mentioned if Stecher is a likely sitout they might have chosen to have the # 7 d-man be a right handed shot.

Edited by tyhee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tyhee said:

If the callups are viewed as injury replacements who are expected to be #7 and sit out unless there is another injury, it makes sense.  Prospects should be getting game action to develop.  Brisebois came up and sat and is now being sent back to Utica to get game action while Chatfield takes a turn mostly sitting.  Rafferty may get his turn as well but being newer to the professional game and apparently their best defensive prospect in Utica, the Canucks may want him getting continued game action. 

Leaving Breezy in Vancouver for long periods of time to sit and sit and sit would only make sense if they'd given up on him as a prospect.

In addition as has been mentioned if Stecher is a likely sitout they might have chosen to have the # 7 d-man be a right handed shot.

That makes sense for a long period, say a month +.   But for days to a week? That argument makes no sense at all.

If anything all that travel and jetlag could cause fatigue and actually lead to injury.