The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Habs @ Canucks Dec. 17 7:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

That's perfectly acceptable and appropriate.  He was mild...he spoke the truth.  That's different than calling guys out for not "trying".  They lost battles means they were...battling.

A lot of people saw it differently, especially the young part.

11 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

A lot of people saw it differently, especially the young part.

But they are young?

So the people creating drama out of it should probably just...stop?

I understand being critical...just pace yourselves.  It ain't over till it's over.  All that stuff (I was a Lions fan in 2011 when we won the Grey Cup...one of about 12 fans left).

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, How swede it is said:

Hopefully he plays like a top 6 winger, and not disappear as he often does when moved up the lineup.  It almost seems like top 6 hockey happens too fast for Jake.

It would be nice for him to use his speed all the time, not just every now and again.

I don't think that's the case this year, Jake has shown up most nights maybe not a full 60 but heck the whole team is guilty of that. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Young team...important to keep them motivated and inspired.

At this point, don't really need to throw them under the bus.  I mean...you have to look at the personnel and guys like Petey who's already so hard on himself.  No need to dump on him.  It's a fine line between motivating and deflating.

I feel Green's just fine in how he handles his team.

Saying we played well against SAN Jose is ridiculous. We were awful. These are pro hockey players not pre school kids 

that is NOT going to build a winning culture, in fact it’s a culture that accepts losing 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 2

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

I think it’s more he hates talking to the media to be honest and doesn’t like to feed them anything negative for them to jump on 

He hates the media because they are calling him on his lack of a system and success 

maybe he should actually focus on winning and the media won’t be the issue 

also .... news flash... while he is still a coach (which won’t be for much longer) the media is a fact of life and part of the job. Pretty sure he knew that in advance 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

one of my other pet peeve is where play divisional rivals like the Lames and Oil and we show no animosity at all. then we play some random team we have no hatred for and you see lots of emotion lol. 

This is why Benning want them to get some playoff experience so badly.  There's nothing that breeds bitter rivals faster than some playoff games.:towel:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DawnDucky said:

Your bizarre preoccupation with everything Green has led me to believe that he either kicked your beloved puppy, or personally defecated all over your Junior B stall--arrogantly.

No I just am able to isolate the team’s biggest issue and call it 

like many others 

It’s not the roster 

so what does that leave ? It’s the fans fault? 

ok 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Calling it now

we come out flat in the first and fall behind by 2 goals 

we chip away in the second and third and we lose by 1 

our brutal  “coach” comes out and says, “was happy with the effort. Started a bit slow coming back home but I was really happy with how the boys picked it up the rest of the way. Good team out there in Montreal”

it’s like a bad rerun 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

He hates the media because they are calling him on his lack of a system and success 

maybe he should actually focus on winning and the media won’t be the issue 

also .... news flash... while he is still a coach (which won’t be for much longer) the media is a fact of life and part of the job. Pretty sure he knew that in advance 

And if he is, does that mean you'll start wearing a bag over your head like a Soiler or Laugh fan?

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Calling it now

our brutal  “coach”  ones out and says, “was happy with the effort. Stated a bit slow coming back home but I was really happy with how the boys picked it it up the rest of the way. Good team out there in Montreal”

it’s like a bad rerun 

We shall see.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

They've had some slow starts for sure ... all teams will at times.  I don't feel there's a lack of effort...I feel that, at times, there's tentative play and uncertainty.  They're trying to figure it out...sometimes slumps mean you try to get too cute.  Squeeze the stick. Get inside your own head.

We sound a little entitled at times.  Get behind the team instead of turning on them when they're down?  

A few players always show up regularly, of course, but largely the entitlement you speak of is out there on the ice in full display, only dwarfed by the piss poor crowd in the stands of Rogers arena.

I've been giving this team my money for 30 years so you are damn right I'm entitled to an honest effort. I also don't live in Vancouver and support this team a hell of a lot better than whatever the hell "fans" at Canucks games are supposed to be.

9 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Saying we played well against SAN Jose is ridiculous. We were awful. These are pro hockey players not pre school kids 

that is NOT going to build a winning culture, in fact it’s a culture that accepts losing 

I don't know if you understand how to motivate others.  

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Calling it now

our brutal  “coach”  ones out and says, “was happy with the effort. Stated a bit slow coming back home but I was really happy with how the boys picked it it up the rest of the way. Good team out there in Montreal”

it’s like a bad rerun 

Why do you bother?

Doesn't sound like you're having much fun with this.  Which is supposed to be the point?

Anyhow, going to shut down now because there's a game on tonight that HASN'T been played yet and, well, I like to wait and see....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2