The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Habs @ Canucks Dec. 17 7:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Breaking Trends is the key. For the past 2 seasons, I notice the Canucks have the most trouble against the following teams: Winnipeg, New Jersey, Montreal, San Jose and Vegas. These are teams that the Canucks have the most trouble to get a win from in the last 2 seasons. In fact, I don't think we have defeated Wnnipeg, New Jersey or Montreal at all in the last 2 seasons. Meanwhile, I can't list a single team where the Canucks are undefeated against them over the past 2 seasons. We have got to break these trends. We didn't beat NJD at all this year, and lost our 1st game against Winnipeg. San Jose we have beaten once but lost to them once as well. We also lost to Vegas in the first meeting of the season as well (only defeated them once since they came into the league). We must break these trends for the next 2 games. We can't be a successful team if you can list this many teams who has our number and we have a hard time beating. The next 2 games are against Montreal and Vegas, please break these trends. Usually good teams will have maybe 1 team or 2 (and normally, from the opposite conference) who may have their numbers, they are never this many. Too many teams have the Canucks numbered. Break the trend and start winning against some of these team would have to a beginning.

I want the Oct team back

Full 60 minutes

Finish all checks

And cut back on some of the dump and chase - I don't see it working well in lots of instances.

No unnecessary penalties

And stick up for your team mates

Go Canucks Go

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Roussel-Horvat-Boeser
Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Pearson-Gaudette-Leivo
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn-Stecher

I’m really liking this lineup. Just hope the d-pairings are more evenly played though. Last thing we want is an injured huggy bear

October was an illusion, we're seeing the Canucks for what they are right now. A team relying heavily on it's kids to win games. Pearson, Leivo, Sutter, Beagle, Stecher, Myers, etc. have got to do more. My guess is Green just leaves these "pros" alone to do their thing. Besides, his hands are full micro-managing Jake.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Roussel-Horvat-Boeser
Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Pearson-Gaudette-Leivo
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn-Stecher

I like these lines however I think Sutter should be running the 3rd line as Gaud needs to learn more of the defensive side of the game and Sutter will help him with that. Lets get back to rolling all four lines and lots of support for the young guys.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not sure... maybe in practice he's shown he can't finesse the puck? 

I love the idea of Jake on Bo's LW because I think two things would happen - he creates space for Bo to get to the net for rebounds, and Jake just seems to be able to get to scoring areas better. And its not like they need chemistry with each other to do that, Jake just needs to skate to the net. 

They have shown chemistry already this season. Jake usually plays good with bo but gets bumped from the line every time in favour of other guys. 

What green should try Jake LW Bo center and rooster RW. 

Man I'm pumped to see Jake in the top six again but hopefully he plays in the top six for the whole game not just a few shifts 

Edited by RowdyCanuck
Grammar
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“When we do the small things well and focus on our details, we’re a good team. We need to get back to that. We’re home for five games and we’ve got to make the most of these games.” - Pettersson

Spoken like a true leader, well said Petey!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

October was an illusion, we're seeing the Canucks for what they are right now. A team relying heavily on it's kids to win games. Pearson, Leivo, Sutter, Beagle, Stecher, Myers, etc. have got to do more. My guess is Green just leaves these "pros" alone to do their thing. Besides, his hands are full micro-managing Jake.

I don't think it was an illusion, they need to get back to playing that way again. This is not the time to throw the kids to the wolves they need to be supported. TG sometimes gets tunnel vision and all he is doing is playing the kids one shift after another. Let the Vets help them out Miller can't do it all by himself.

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Relying heavily on the goaltenders no difference than last season.

50 shots ....

the kids are defiantly  doing there part, Seems their learning why you can’t be a one line team in today’s nhl and we are at best a one line team.  

Still think we will win tonight. 

Gaudettes another kid that’s done a great job on the pp and the third line. 

I've noticed Bo hasn't tried to carry this team on his back since receiving the C. In fact, he looks less noticeable out there. He's getting a point ghere and there, so he is chiopping in, but I wish he would do more as far as rallying his team and leading them into war. It looks like Roussel that does that more than anyone.   

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I don't think it was an illusion, they need to get back to playing that way again. This is not the time to throw the kids to the wolves they need to be supported. TG sometimes gets tunnel vision and all he is doing is playing the kids one shift after another. Let the Vets help them out Miller can't do it all by himself.

I think we caught teams off guard to start the year, hence Doughty's comments. Teams simply have caught on. We were always suppose to be a bubble wildcard team (at least IMO). Had Ferland worked out, we may be slightly further ahead. I think the forward group is decent, but the defense could use a boost. I think some of the defense isn't playing fully healthy as we have seen in many games that a dman would be out for a game, then back the next. We have lost some of the support from the defense to support the forwards which is forcing some of the passes to not be crisp. We need Edler back (unfortunately no replacement for him yet) and maybe an addition like Tryamkin could help out in this area. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

While the team seems to be sputtering right now the competition is in regular season form. In October teams are bringing their rosters into shape with add ons learning the ropes. Canucks have these same issues but seem to rise above the usual problems. They had hot goal tending and consistent scoring. Bounces going their way. I don't have a problem with the Canucks losing as long as the effort is there. It still is IMHO. Rough patches tend to build character in a team as long as they can persevere. On balance Canuck fans should be happy as the youth develop.  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“When we do the small things well and focus on our details, we’re a good team. We need to get back to that. We’re home for five games and we’ve got to make the most of these games.” - Pettersson

Sounds like Petey would like to inject LE back into the lineup to show the team how it's done for the little things.