Roussel-Horvat-Boeser
Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Pearson-Gaudette-Leivo
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn-Stecher

Minus Edler of course

Hughes-Tanev, and Benn-Stecher was how we started the years D pairings? Edler was with Myers i believe

I'm happy to see those pairing again!! 

When Coaches changed these pairings last month we seemed, IMHO, to break down in our defensive zone coverage and with all the forward line mixing it seems to me as a contributor to our chasing and looking lost defensively, giving up leads

Eventually we need to stick with some pairings, barring injuries, and let the boys play, win or loose but start to build line chemistry with one another, Defence and Forward lines.

Go Canucks Go

Edited by AbrasiveAjax
Oops

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd rather see Jake on Bo's LW. Off-wing Jake is something a lot of people on CDC have been calling for, for a very long time. I know we're just a bunch of hacks but Jake looks consistently better on his LW, and granted a lot of players do, but I really think Jake's abilities come alive when he's over there. 

Definitely worth a try....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Roussel-Horvat-Boeser
Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Pearson-Gaudette-Leivo
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn-Stecher

Benn-Stecher..... 

spacer.png

Edited by rychicken
can't spell
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

October was an illusion, we're seeing the Canucks for what they are right now. A team relying heavily on it's kids to win games. Pearson, Leivo, Sutter, Beagle, Stecher, Myers, etc. have got to do more. My guess is Green just leaves these "pros" alone to do their thing. Besides, his hands are full micro-managing Jake.

Agreed, it's a fool's fantasy to put too much stock in early season performance. This is about when the real contenders start upping their game.

But I do like these new lines. Hope Jake plays his heart out, & really gets rolling.

36 minutes ago, xereau said:

When was the last time you saw a defender crush someone along the boards and take the puck away from someone?

The five man collapse is a hilariously lowbrow system, and this team not only needs, but they deserve something better.

Another two parts of this team's system really annoys me too, because it reeks of low confidence lowbrow hockey thinking.

1. Just getting the puck out, when not even under pressure, and HANDING the other team the puck.

2. Dump and chase. This isn't 1989 anymore, Trav. At the very least, have your guys change things up.

This team is far, FAR too predictable, and it's no wonder other teams after having a quarter + of the season to scout us, are completely picking apart.

From what I can tell, Green is unable to counter real time deployed strategy by opposing coaches.

Tick tock.

You’ll see that tonight, from Shea Weber. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 2