The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Habs @ Canucks Dec. 17 7:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

No it's not, he tallied 27 goals (61 points last year). If he improves, he should get there.  

that's asinine.

should you be able to do your job better now than you did 6 months ago, while your 2 direct subordinates are gone on short term disability and you're left to do all of their work in addition to your own?

Injuries shouldn't be an excuse. Every team (I believe) has injuries. This year the Canucks have improved depth too, so what's the problem? Has Green turned over the room to Bo? Or are they in denial until they're at the bottom again? Tired of hearing "these are the ebbs and flows of the season". You'd never hear Scotty Bowman say that lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Injuries shouldn't be an excuse. Every team (I believe) has injuries. This year the Canucks have improved depth too, so what's the problem? Has Green turned over the room to Bo? Or are they in denial until they're at the bottom again? Tired of hearing "these are the ebbs and flows of the season". You'd never hear Scotty Bowman say that lol

The problem is the fans are impatient.  Plain and simple they set the bar too high...the first sign of success and they start planning a parade.

• Cheers 4

6 minutes ago, tas said:

that's asinine.

should you be able to do your job better now than you did 6 months ago, while your 2 direct subordinates are gone on short term disability and you're left to do all of their work in addition to your own?

This has been the situation for years now this is not an anomaly. I remember some players over the years playing almost 30 minutes a night. Players such as Pronger or Leetch. Never heard them complaining of playing too much. ::D

52 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

45 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

See?  This guy gets it.  LOVE Roussel....our fans should roar loudly for him and drown out the red jerseys.

Tbh, I hate he Leafs blue more than the Montreal red. Went to the Canadiens and Canucks game last season, though it sucks to have half the building filled with opposing team’s fans but at the very least, Habs fans are classy and respectful. Can’t say the same about the Leafs fans. Although never been to a Canucks and Leafs game live, but from what I can see and hear on TV, Leafs fans are more of a brat and think they are the centre of the universe.

The chanting of “Go Leafs Go” during a moment of silence of a former NHL legend last season was disgraceful. Also, the year before that, Dorsett was forced into an early retirement, he came out to congratulate Daniel on scoring his 1000th point the game before and the crowd was clapping. But then when the camera zoomed in at a section, none of the Leafs fans clapped in that section in the camera. It just things like this I notice that I would never want to see a Leafs cup in my life time.

Back on topic, hope the Canucks play a good game tonight and drown down the Canadiens fans in the building by being loud and proud.

Edited by ruilin96
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

"Adversity". Some teams have the ability to overcome problems they encounter and some have a hard time with it. That and I think the coach is too worried about his job and winning as opposed to developing the young guys still.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Can't believe Green said that right after JB called them out on how they're playing. JB even said he liked Virtanen on the third line before the season started, said it gave them speed on that line but nope, Green started him on the 4th line and gave him less than 10 minutes a game for the first two months of the season. Played every one from Sutter to Graovac on the PP over him and hasn't played him once in OT. Surprisingly Virtanen has still put up points.

Edited by Timbermen
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

"Adversity". Some teams have the ability to overcome problems they encounter and some have a hard time with it. That and I think the coach is too worried about his job and winning as opposed to developing the young guys still.

ELjTkwIW4AE5vyZ.png:large

Hate to burst your bubble, but ours is the biggest bubble of them all....  Matters.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Perhaps his mandate from above is win at all costs. You don't last long in your job when you defy management. 

If we go back to that team that wants to be the hardest working team on any given night, I like our chances in these 5 game home stance. 

We are not good enough to rely on talents alone to win games. 

I liked our game in the beginning of the season when everybody finished their checks and we outworked the other team the right way. 

Effort should be there every night. And at least that's what the team should show to the fans that support them.

Some teams may outskill us. But they shouldn't outwork us.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

This has been the situation for years now this is not an anomaly. I remember some players over the years playing almost 30 minutes a night. Players such as Pronger or Leetch. Never heard them complaining of playing too much. ::D

comparing hall of fame defencemen to a 24 year old 2nd line centre seems logical ...

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

8-3 Habs Petey hatrick, green get fired tomorrow

What kind of a fan would get satisfaction out of seeing their team lose 8-3 at home?  

You are too obsessed with wanting Green to fail to the point that you’re cheering for your team to lose. Come on dude!