The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Bad game. 

We got manhandled by a bunch of gnomes. 

Our expensive vets all synchronously had a horrendous game. 

I hadn't noticed it was that bad, but I think you are right. Hughes was good, Jake was good (other than that penalty) Gaudette was good.  Pettersson fell down a lot -- tired?  But otherwise, EP and Boes had some moments.  Beagle, Sutter, Benn again, Tanev… Myers on the defensive side... not a good night for these guys. 

On the bright side: Baertschi and Eriksson's 10 million was resting nicely out of fire.   Is it coaching mainly or coaching and GM together? 

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Took NJD and SJS to SCF.. very good coach. He'd be my first choice to replace Green. 

I'd also replace Baumer with an experienced high end assistant coach. DeBoer would likely want to bring his own assistant in do Baumer will most likely go with Green. 

Hell yes 

all assistants gone for sure 

A lot of dump n chase going on.  Is it a lack of talent or is it coaching or is it both? Green can be criticized but there’s multiple elements going into these performances. 

Some of our d men look like they will never score, hit the net with anything other than a shot to the crest, or make the right play in the d zone. When certain forwards are out there you expect absolutely nothing to happen. 

what is making things even uglier is that our top guys look like they are losing confidence. 
Bo looks like an imposter, the difference between this Brock and rookie Brock is significant.  EP looks overwhelmed trying to retrieve pucks. 

i don’t know what will turn this around quickly. Sometimes the coach gets sacrificed to shock the system.  

in the grand scheme of things maybe the best long term fix is a very strong draft. 

tough time to be a fan... again.. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They're trying everything they can to move Eriksson and like it or not it's easier to move a $6mil player if you don't demote him to the AHL. Sucks Loui declined this poorly this fast. 

They simply had to realize their mistake and waive him 

sends a huge message to the team

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

At this stage of the season, that is a coaching issue. 

Exactly.

It's not simply a slump anymore.

Players are bought into the system, but the system isn't working, and no one's changing a damn thing.

Edited by Tystick
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, 6string said:

How do they get all those tickets?

I hate the Scabs and love it now the Bruins dominate them and the Laffs!

Heard on the radio our season ticket holder always sell tickets for these games and TO cause their fans will pay big bucks to go to those games 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

A lot of dump n chase going on.  Is it a lack of talent or is it coaching or is it both? Green can be criticized but there’s multiple elements going into these performances. 

Some of our d men look like they will never score, hit the net with anything other than a shot to the crest, or make the right play in the d zone. When certain forwards are out there you expect absolutely nothing to happen. 

what is making things even uglier is that our top guys look like they are losing confidence. 
Bo looks like an imposter, the difference between this Brock and rookie Brock is significant.  EP looks overwhelmed trying to retrieve pucks. 

i don’t know what will turn this around quickly. Sometimes the coach gets sacrificed to shock the system.  

in the grand scheme of things maybe the best long term fix is a very strong draft. 

tough time to be a fan... again.. 

Night and day , rookie brock looked like a phenom .

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Disagree, players aren't stupid, they fully know why he's still there. 

Here was there only because they wanted to squeeze some value out of him 

he is out now 

do that at the start of the year 

we all knew he wasn’t going to turn it around