The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

The team needs coaches who can implement systems they can enjoy and maximize the young core's talent. I barely see any emotion on their faces anymore.  

They are tired of dump and chase because nobody's good at it except Miller. You dump the puck in and it only takes 2 seconds for the other team break out with the puck, slicing through our tofu-soft forechecking. And once they're in our zone they have all day cycling the puck because we just keep standing/sprawling around the net trying to block everything instead of pressuring the puck carrier.

There's got to be an NHL coach who knows how to get the best out of this roster. Green may know hard work and developing, but that's probably his ceiling at this point of his coaching career.

Look around the leauge... the sucessful teams are the ones implementing styles that let them dominate puck posession and have a strong defensive game.  

The problem isn't the dump and chase, it's the fact that they can't break up a cycle in their own zone to save their life.  

How many times did we see the Sharks and the Knights spend a 7 day vacation in the Canucks' zone in the last week?  A lot, Mr. 1-D, a lot.  

8 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Heard on the radio our season ticket holder always sell tickets for these games and TO cause their fans will pay big bucks to go to those games 

Thanks for replying, I was afraid that was the answer.

Treasonist pigs :/

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1-d said:

The team needs coaches who can implement systems they can enjoy and maximize the young core's talent. I barely see any emotion on their faces anymore.  

They are tired of dump and chase because nobody's good at it except Miller. You dump the puck in and it only takes 2 seconds for the other team break out with the puck, slicing through our tofu-soft forechecking. And once they're in our zone they have all day cycling the puck because we just keep standing/sprawling around the net trying to block everything instead of pressuring the puck carrier.

There's got to be an NHL coach who knows how to get the best out of this roster. Green may know hard work and developing, but that's probably his ceiling at this point of his coaching career.

Green hit his ceiling in the AHL

• Cheers 1

ill wait till March, too make my mind on the tank nation, but this run has been pretty bum, spirits are pretty low on the team right now, first period was good, 2nd was alright and 3rd tried. but over all im just gunna drink and listen to music and catch up on shows, till bed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I'm sure they buy them as soon as they're on sale.

I just get tired of it. This was a winnable game.

We could have shut them up early if the team could actually gel again.

Thanks for replying. I recieved another reply and was told in a radio report that season ticket holders sell them by market demand for big $$$$.

Those season ticket fans need to be rounded up at Robson Square for a good ole fashion.....

Edited by 6string

3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

You're so preoccupied with your hatred of Green that you feel happy that our team lost.  Thanks for your contribution to the hashtags!

I always knew that when Twitter came out, there would be idiots that would care about what's trending, and here we are, years later and I have my answer.  

#FireBenning  ;)