The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

If the Canucks need to find wingers who have good chemistry with Bo, we technically still have Baertschi. Just sayin!

He did nothing when he played games with the Canucks this year. AND not one of the other 30 teams even took him for free.

It is because he is no good. Got it??

:picard:

8 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

He did nothing when he played games with the Canucks this year. AND not one of the other 30 teams even took him for free.

Goldy, Baertschi and Loui doesn't fit dump and chase... If Green could adapt a more skilled game they fit in nicely. So all the chit chat about those players are because of the system Green is stubborn to use. 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Why do you thin coaches like Babcock could bullie the weak players? It'sbecause the players know that if they say something they can be headed to AHL. It's easy for a coach to make a player look bad. 

8 hours ago, tfung15 said:

What a waste of QH’s talent. He’s the only one who’s been consistent all year. So good defensively with his skating, always carries and distributes the puck with pin point accuracy. But all for nothing with no one to finish plays. 

you win as a TEAM, you loose as a TEAM

Something to think about. Maybe these teams that have been beating us lately are simply better than us right now. 

Montreal had a similar record but against tougher competition. 

Vegas is simply a better team right now. 

San Jose should have been an easy win I will grant you that. 

Competition is picking up as the season moves forward. 

39 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Goldy, Baertschi and Loui doesn't fit dump and chase... If Green could adapt a more skilled game they fit in nicely. So all the chit chat about those players are because of the system Green is stubborn to use. 

No, it’s because those 3 simply aren’t NHL caliber players anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

It sucks the last two games we've run into two goalies that stoned us (damn Nabokov and his teaching of Dell and well...last night).   Cue the threads.   The thing is both games were far from blow outs and we carried the play for long periods in SJ and did everything but threw the kitchen sink at MTL.    Maybe Green will be added to the latest in a long string of coaching fires - or maybe he won't.    At this point they are still more fun to watch then the team has been in a lot of years and well there is always the lotto to look forward too ha ha.   Lafrenniere or Byfield would look pretty good in a Canucks uniform.   Not many defenseman this year but it's loaded with forwards in all positions.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I am more interested: how this rough stretch is affecting the locker room, whether, the players will fight for Green or not.  Despite all the noise, Greens' future as a Canuck coach is in the hands of his players and in my opinion, the team is still learning how to win as a team but unfortunately, going through rough streches are an important part of the process.  This team will have to decide how there going to win games - whether it is to be a defensive team or an offensive team and with our goaltending situation, they will be able to compete either way.  

Perhaps, the Canucks can look at what the Blues did to turn it around last year and try to see if any strategies are applicable (an interesting read to not be impulsive).

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/st-louis-blues-2019-turnaround-playoffs-big-read/

The Blues had one of the deepest and best defenses in the league, the best two way player in the world, a game breaker and a murderers row of excellent second line players running three lines deep.   And a mostly veteran core.  The Canucks don't have that.   Not even close.  Changing the coach might give us a bump - or it could backfire.   I suppose it really comes down to who they pick.  Berube obviously was the right guy for the job for them.   They were never supposed to be a non playoff team in the first place, our roster however was considered one spot out of the playoffs from the start by most experts - only a couple had us penciled in as a wild card - in other words a bubble team.  Seems we are following the script after all.

10 minutes ago, Pickly said:

No, it’s because those 3 simply aren’t NHL caliber players anymore. 

How can anyone know with Greens strategy? You and I can't see if those three are any good because they haven't had a chance to play together with a great coach that doesn't rely on dump, chase, grind... 

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

How can anyone know with Greens strategy? You and I can't see if those three are any good because they haven't had a chance to play together with a great coach that doesn't rely on dump, chase, grind... 

Trust me, Loui. We have seen enough of you, Baer, and Goldobin to know what kind of players you are. And I don’t even like Travis Green. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

We are now looking at a top ten pick again. This is the normal time line for this club to crash and burn. It always takes a few years for clubs to go from being a bottom feeder to making the playoffs. We have some great young talent but we aren't there yet.  

No need to bring out the tanks. This club will do it all on their own. They are still a bit fragile.

Top ten pick again this year!!!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Trust me, Loui. We have seen enough of you, Baer, and Goldobin to know what kind of players you are. And I don’t even like Travis Green. 

So adapting childish antics show that you're right. Doesn't think so, rather the opposite. 

The only thing people have against him is the 6 million price tag. Even I could make Loui a 60point per season guy again. Play him in top six, with the same line for a season. Very simple... Let the players know eachother. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Not sure if you've only started watching this year, but he was productive the other years as a creative, finesse and skilled player playing in a top 6 role. Now that the team has playoffs aspirations, Benning wants us to be a more physical team like St. Louis or Boston and yes, they want to grind the other team to submission - hence, the endless dump and chase (and they're also supposed to hit a lot). A good portion of our goals this year are off rebounds or tip-ins or lucky bounces off somebody's equipment. As to goals from nice 5-on-5 passing plays, they've now become a scarcity for this team. The plays of each forward line is pretty monotonous (and easy to shut down) - other than Petey, I now need to watch the numbers just to see who's playing. To play that grinding style, the wingers Benning has brought in have size and toughness - Miller and Ferland. Unfortunately, Baertschi no longer fits that profile. The problem is there's not much creativity in Bo's line anymore. They're pretty easy to shut down.

13 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So adapting childish antics show that you're right. Doesn't think so, rather the opposite. 

The only thing people have against him is the 6 million price tag. Even I could make Loui a 60point per season guy again. Play him in top six, with the same line for a season. Very simple... Let the players know eachother. 

Lmao!!! Good luck, Loui is done... you must not watch the games!!