The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Ive had enough.  Toronto fans in our building chanting Go Leafs Go.  Habs fans in our building chanting Ole Ole Ole ole .

And our team can't answer.  After all these years of waiting.  After having 5 top scoring guys and  a  rookie of the year candidate this year.  What the heck.  I cant take it any more.  If Green stays on as coach I dont want to watch this any more. JB please change the coach.  Mr. Aquilini please if JB doesnt have the balls to remove the coach then remove him.

We fans need to have something to feel proud of and this is killing us.

So what do you do when we change the coach and we still suck? I'm not really able to see inside the coaches and players minds like you guys but from what I've seen the young players, and even the vets are making terrible decisions system or no system. Maybe we're just not a top NHL team.

7 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Yeah but who do you have in mind available right this second? Prerequisite being having NHL head coaching experience and have some tangible results and not caught up in a scandal (aka not Willie, Babcock, or Peters).

Deboer might not be the perfect choice but he is the most ideal choice we have.

Lol so that's like firing a coach just for the sake of firing a coach and hire one that's not really a fit. I'm all for getting rid of green.. but I prefer ome that is actually a fit or at least one that is offensive minded.. i mean we ain't great defensively and we are horrible offensively.. getting another defensive minded one ain't gonna help us score more than 1 goal a night 

8 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Why do we want deboer? A coach that went from Stanley cup final and then regressed every year until his team completely tune him out and now fired... I take an offensive minded head coach before taking another defensive minded coach.. we need someone that can at the very least unlock the offense capability of our top line.. how many games in the last couple years have we scored 2 or less? Ya defensively we might be bad atm.. but offensively we are even worse.. ain't gonna win if u cant score more than 2 goal... blowing out bad teams doesnt make you a great offensive juggernaut 

EP, Boeser and Miller are all basically point-per-game players. Maybe EP can be a bit better but if you're expecting more from Miller and Boeser you're going to be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

We are now looking at a top ten pick again. This is the normal time line for this club to crash and burn. It always takes a few years for clubs to go from being a bottom feeder to making the playoffs. We have some great young talent but we aren't there yet.  

No need to bring out the tanks. This club will do it all on their own. They are still a bit fragile.

Top ten pick again this year!!!

It's starting to look that way but still lots of games left and the entire division seems "fragile" with the exception of Vegas.   If things play out their normal script we will all be gawking at next years draft picks soon - as the team sinks to a top five slot, then in March the team will make an unexpected push and finish around 10-12 ha ha.   Not only that if we just lost the last three games of the season instead of winning them - it would of meant we slipped back to 5.   

All kidding aside we didn't play that badly the last two games - just ran into two hot goalies. 

• Cheers 1

This situation reminds me of a products and services business.

You have the people to sell the product (ie score goals as we have overall) and then your have your support staff that service those sales (ie defense/PK)

If you continue to make mistakes and provide poor customer service which in turn are impacting your sales you fire your service manager (ie Baumgartner) so your sales group (offense ) can feel confident in doing their job again.

Firing Baumer right now makes sense and bringing an outsider, with experience. Not an Ex Canuck but some one who can provide new clarity on running the defensive system and someone that Green has to respect.

We should have been looking for awhile but of we don't have someone right away , let him go anyway so players can have a new voice at the bench , maybe Malholtra.

If we don't show a change and missed the playoffs then Green goes at the end of the year when there's a decent pool of fired coaches to choose from.

• Cheers 1

The injury bug just loves the Canucks.

We never really got a chance with Ferland.  Edler out weakens the D.  Demko out so that forces Markstrom to play 5 games in a row (who also just recently lost his father).  Baer never got back into the groove after his concussion.  Beagle and Sutter off and on injured. 

:sadno:

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

That’s no excuse. Our team is healthy enough to not play this bad. Injury bug is just being used as an excuse now, every team has injuries.

True.  But it does explain the depth problems we are currently seeing.

I think it's the coaching staff  to blame for the 3rd period collapses we've been seeing.  And the ineffective PP and PK after the hot start this season.  Teams have figured the Canucks playbook.  

It's like the NFL.  You need to constantly change the playbook otherwise the other teams can shut you down.

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

True.  But it does explain the depth problems we are currently seeing.

I think it's the coaching staff  to blame for the 3rd period collapses we've been seeing.  And the ineffective PP and PK after the hot start this season.  Teams have figured the Canucks playbook.  

It's like the NFL.  You need to constantly change the playbook otherwise the other teams can shut you down.

There is no depth problems m. We have Sutter and Beagle on our 4th line. Baer and Goldobin in Utica. Also Roussel and Motte just returned.

You can convince yourself there are depth problems but reality has hit the rest of the fanbase. This team is not good enough in this system.

Edited by J-23
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's starting to look that way but still lots of games left and the entire division seems "fragile" with the exception of Vegas.   If things play out their normal script we will all be gawking at next years draft picks soon - as the team sinks to a top five slot, then in March the team will make an unexpected push and finish around 10-12 ha ha.   Not only that if we just lost the last three games of the season instead of winning them - it would of meant we slipped back to 5.   

All kidding aside we didn't play that badly the last two games - just ran into two hot goalies. 

Actually I am looking at 2021 draft picks now, not just about Canucks drafting though.

I guessed the Canucks would win 5 games in November, 5 maybe 6 in December, 6 in January.

That still leaves 2 to 3 more wins in December and maybe get to .500 for the month.

But injuries will take a toll yet, so far those injured apart from Edler have not been players that drive the team, can't say the team misses what it never had in Ferland but they do miss the cap space to fix that mistake.

The team could still make the playoffs when some teams decide that losing 15 games at the end of the season will act as a mini retooling by getting some of the really good picks in this year's draft. Good teams doing poorly will tank and bad teams will feast on tanking teams so they look good to the fans for future ticket sales. Just like the McDavid draft year when a bunch of teams tanked and the Canucks and Flames inexplicably had 100 point seasons and made the playoffs, a blip.