The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

36 minutes ago, BPA said:

The injury bug just loves the Canucks.

We never really got a chance with Ferland.  Edler out weakens the D.  Demko out so that forces Markstrom to play 5 games in a row (who also just recently lost his father).  Baer never got back into the groove after his concussion.  Beagle and Sutter off and on injured. 

:sadno:

Maybe some of those are the wrong players or are you surprised by some on that list? If so why?

Management here is so bad they have to over pay players at the end of their careers or roll the dice on players just about out of the league certainly there are not enough draft picks good enough out of 6 drafts.

I hope I am wrong, but I think the players have tuned out the coaches to a certain degree. the biggest thing I see is the whole team does this stupid dump and chase, that Green loves to do. they do this and every time the other team comes up with the puck.  no exciting plays anymore.  the lines were horrible last night, put Jake back on the 3rd where he belongs,  put Sutter in the middle and Gaudette on the wing and for heaven sake put our top line back together. Horvat really needs to get going, I don't believe he even had a shot on net.  he keeps losing the puck.  we will never win  many pp if we don't put someone like Miller back in front of the net, like all teams do. and Miller is very good there, not on the side  where nothing is happening. this is just my opinion.  I loves this team but not so much now with the way they are playing

11 hours ago, Tystick said:

Benning's not the problem.

We have enough talent to make the playoffs.

It's our strategy that seems to be an uphill battle for everyone.

No we don’t.

our defense has one top four defensemen and two bandaids with an overrated guy, and our offense scores one or less or two or less over half the time 

• Wat 2

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

No we don’t.

our defense has one top four defensemen and two bandaids with an overrated guy, and our offense scores one or less or two or less over half the time 

Hughes, Edler and Tanev are all top 4.

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1

I'm not sweating these losses because this is a very good draft year, so if we get one more top pick before we have to go all out to make the playoffs in 2021, then so be it. Could be a blessing in disguise to get another stud from this year's draft. I mean it should be evident now that we don't have enough talent still and the rebuild isn't over yet. 

Edited by FireGillis
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Nah, both are top 4 and both should’ve been moved when we had the chance.

I just think they were top 4.  Tanev has lost a step and edler more than one.  Both have  zero shot threat.  Both are now injury prone due to age and overuse.  On our team, yes, top 4.

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Hughes, Edler and Tanev are all top 4.

Edler and tanev are over the hill bandaids and not top four on a contending team let alone playoff team anymore (numbers and our performance show that) and that’s when they’re healthy they are over the hill and always hurt half the time while Hughes is literally a kid in his first year.

so three top four dman we have are a kid in his first year and two bands aids who are past their prime.

and then we have no depth up front. Yet j keep hearing how we have the talent now. we have most of the talent now but that doesent mean the talent is ready. Ya Canuck fans are tired of waiting though so it created a bad formula and That’s what is unfolding before our eyes

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

6 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I just think they were top 4.  Tanev has lost a step and edler more than one.  Both have  zero shot threat.  Both are now injury prone due to age and overuse.  On our team, yes, top 4.

should clarify.  they are top 4 mean #3, and #4 D men when a team has a top 2 pairing. we dont.

Green is the problem, along with his assistants Brown and Baumer. ( keep Clark and Maholtra). We've drafted well, and have enough talent to not be grinders and plugs anymore, yet Green continues to deploy our team that way. This should not be a dump and flush :picard: team, we should be a puck possession team. His system just doesn't fit, and nothing is changing to adapt. I think he's good with the players and media, but his system just isn't working, and will continue to not work given the group of players he has.

will it flush american standard GIF

Edited by gizmo2337
  • Upvote 2

To my untrained eye, it seems to me Green is a “ tweener “. To good for the AHL, but, not quite there for the NHL. Nothing against the man but maybe his ceiling is assistant coaching. He’d probably excel as a special teams coach.

2 minutes ago, Megalodon said:

To my untrained eye, it seems to me Green is a “ tweener “. To good for the AHL, but, not quite there for the NHL. Nothing against the man but maybe his ceiling is assistant coaching. He’d probably excel as a special teams coach.

I just think he is (or was; in Utica) good at player development, but player development and coaching are two different things.  I was a supporter of his, but his weaknesses have been exposed and he isn’t able to change/answer to them.  

3 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

I just think he is (or was; in Utica) good at player development, but player development and coaching are two different things.  I was a supporter of his, but his weaknesses have been exposed and he isn’t able to change/answer to them.  

I agree. Why it’s why I think special teams would be more up his alley. Leaving deployment and strategy to another.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GritGrinder said:

EP, Boeser and Miller are all basically point-per-game players. Maybe EP can be a bit better but if you're expecting more from Miller and Boeser you're going to be disappointed.

supre they are a ppg player.. but how many games they gotten multiple points in and how many games they gotten 0 points in? we need consistency

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

supre they are a ppg player.. but how many games they gotten multiple points in and how many games they gotten 0 points in? we need consistency

Then like I said, you're going to be disappointed. Boeser has been streaky his first 3 years, same with Miller if you go look at his previous seasons. If EP slows down this season as much as he did last Feb./Mar. then this team probably has no chance anyways.

• Upvote 1

The first 2 months of the season are an extended version of training camp hockey, December is where things get serious and the men get separated from the boys. I wouldn't pull the trigger on a management change, coaching change or roster reset just yet but I think by the end of this coming January that the organization as a whole will have had a fair chance to show progress. Tick tock......

Super disappointed with last nights loss..... not only did they let the habs fans have something to cheer about but they let a bunch of french elves out battle them on the ice.  Price looked good but so does every other goalie we face when all we can muster is 30 low quality shots per game.... scoring chances are a rare occurrence for our team right now.

This team right now is a far cry from the one we saw early in the year.... no puck support, no physicality, no PP, no PK.  We get out worked most nights and don't have enough skill to get away with it.  I agree with everyone else here saying this dump n chase bs has got to stop.  If we don't win the battle for the puck the other team is up the ice in transition for an odd man rush and marky has to bail us out.  It's not a sustainable model.  They haven't been playing to their potential for a while now and it's on the coaches and leadership group to get the most out of this roster - a serious shake up is needed.