The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Fire the coach or fire the fans your choice Mr. Aquilini

I'll go ahead and fire you for being a fake fan.  Real fans don't cheer for their team to lose before puck drop.  

On another note, our young guys are struggling big time.  I can't remember the last time that Horvat made a difference in a game... actually I can, it was over a month ago when he scored that power play goal and then added another.  
Horvat, Elias and Boeser are all struggling.  It's to be expected for young players but we already booked them in as sure-fire things in our minds.  The reality is that we're the 20th best team in a league of 32 teams.  I fully expect us to get about 90 points when it's all said and done.  Unfortunately we're going through a tough stretch. 

2 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Missed this game, the family wanted to watch home alone.. and home alone 2. The GDT was a real bummer the couple times I checked in. Anyone got a game recap? In what ways did this team disappoint us tonight?

Zero scoring chances. Top line is not to be seen. All players weaknesses on display. Slow, boring, lackluster penalty kill. Offense no where to be found. Defense sucks. Absolute garbage 

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

This doesn’t look like an easy fix to turn this around. It reminds me of training camp when Gaudette was the only bright spot all over again.

I actually thought that Gaudette was really bad today on defense and he's been that way for a couple of weeks now.  He got exposed against the Pens first, and ever since then it's been game after game of the other team targeting Gaudette's line to put their big line out against.  It resulted in us being hemmed in our zone a lot.  
I'm really excited to see Adam progress in his career, but he's got a lot of work to do in the defensive zone. 

A team scores goals when taking shots. We may have had more shots... but those are not all quality shots. Most of our game is trying to set up the divas. Pass pass pass....then the opponents get the pattern down and take away our passes... every game. 

My advice. Shoot the puck upon set up. You pass more than 4-5 times you might as well reset.

Edited by DarthMelvin
  • Upvote 1